• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Firearm carry

safellows1967

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
6   0
Reaction score
So, I stopped in a local pawn shop yesterday to check it out. Open invite from the store here on the trader. The is a nice big sign on the door that all guns must be unloaded before entering. No problem, I understand that. I walk in an started browsing around. There was an older gentleman standing at the counter talking with one of the sales people. I suppose he was looking at a gun. He has a gun on his hip. Looked like a Ruger LCP .380 or some small mouse gun. He is bragging about how he carries it with him everywhere he goes. He says most people don't even carry their gun with them, especially proudly displayed on their hip. I guess he does not understand the idea of CCW. I am biting my tongue the whole time. Next thing I know, he has it out and is like showing it off to the clerk. I am not sure whether or not it was unloaded, as he was there when I got there. Based on the fact that he was all of a sudden showing it off to the counter person, I was safe in assuming he had not had it out of the holster previously. I also guessed it was loaded based on the comments he made about carry. I simply turned around and walked out. To me, this type of person who open carries and whips out his firearm to show it off, has no business even carrying a weapon. I just hope there was no ND after I left. Hopefully, they did check to make sure his firearm was unloaded when he came in.

images-3.jpeg
So...you want me to conceal these?

"a nice big sign on the door that all guns must be unloaded before entering. No problem, I understand that." You understand disarming the "good guys"? I dont! I would/do take my business elsewhere. That dope pulling out his mouse toy was an ignorant move btw if indeed it was loaded.

Last edited:
I am always creeped out when someone I don't know whips out a gun and just starts ratchet-jawing while waving it around. It makes me shiver to read your story. I would have left just as you did.
Yep, some things you just dont whip out in public places...

"all guns must be unloaded before entering"

I expect a sign stating that all guns that will be unholstered or handled must be unloaded before entry. And, really, if you are taking a gun to a pawn shop to sell... wouldn't you unload it before you even take it to the car?

As for ALL guns unloaded... well, that is a different matter.

I expect a sign stating that all guns that will be unholstered or handled must be unloaded before entry. And, really, if you are taking a gun to a pawn shop to sell... wouldn't you unload it before you even take it to the car?

As for ALL guns unloaded... well, that is a different matter.
Yeah, if its speaking of the unloaded weapons you will be pawning/handling, I understand. If it means you cannot have a loaded ccw like a local pawn shop in acworth...not cool imo

Back
Top Bottom