• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FIRST GUN.....???? What was your VERY FIRST FIREARM???

Mine was a S&W 38 special revolver w/ 3" barrel for $50. I bought it when I was 16 from a flea market. Had it for 2 weeks then traded it for an SKS. Then 2 weeks later traded the SKS for a honda 400 motorcycle. Hell of a good trader when I was younger.

Dad gave me a Sears 20 gauge single shot when I was 10 or 11, and a Ruger 10/22 a couple years later. Best thing he could have done for an outdoor loving country boy...

My first firearm was a Marlin .22 LR magazine fed bolt action rifle, for $49. The second was a 4" High Standard .22 LR 9 shot double action revolver, for $39. My wife had to buy it because I was only 20 and couldn't. She was 21.

Many guns have come and gone since then (1972), but the old gal is still with me!! Married 42 years!! :thumb::thumb:

Glock 22

I've had three of them. I don't know why I kept getting rid of them, only to turn around and buy another one. The last time I got the itch for another, they only had a 23. So, that's what I scratched my Glock itch with. I think I like it better than the 22...

A 870 12 gauge when I was 11-12. My dad made me shoot some 3" buckshot to see if I could handle it. Still got it 15 years later and won't get rid of it ever. Its killed a whole bunch of rabbits, squirrels, deer, and ducks. And I just can't get into any shotgun but that one. I've had several other others but got rid of them. That 870 does everything I need a shotgun to do.

Back
Top Bottom