• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Flying with cash....How do you carry it?

After reading some posts it seems the tsa agents are the ones that question a large sum of cash. None of their business imo.

it's funny that you mentioned this, because I read somewhere, a few yrs. back, that this is the reason why there isn't a "large" currency bill in the U.S. To make it harder for criminals to "move" paper bills. Makes sense if it's true, lol.

You still have to empty your pockets.
/QUOTE]

Not meaning to argue the point, but I am TSA Pre and I don't have to empty my pockets. Don't have to remove my shoes or my belt, don't even have to remove my jacket or take liquids/computer out of my bag. Cell phone goes in the bag but that's about it.

If you do any amount of flying, I highly recommend the PRE program. Makes getting through airports so much easier.

it's funny that you mentioned this, because I read somewhere, a few yrs. back, that this is the reason why there isn't a "large" currency bill in the U.S. To make it harder for criminals to "move" paper bills. Makes sense if it's true, lol.

Yep, had some 1000 Swiss Franc notes when in Suisse. You could pack a huge amount of money in a small space with them. They are about the size of a legal envelope.

Ok, just to update everyone. I put the cash in a bank envelope and held it in my hand while going through security both fly out of Atlanta and ( what was left of it )Las Vegas. I don't think anyone even noticed. Security was pretty lax. They did however find the piece of gum in my pocket while going through the scanner in Vegas. That thing is amazing! That has got to be in interesting job checking out all those naked folks at the air port.

Back
Top Bottom