• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford Truck Engines

Hell just a belt driven super charger would put that Coyote motor into the stratosphere as far as torque and HP. It's a little unfair to compare a N/A motor to a twin turbo set up regardless of cubic inches.

I knew the Eco boost was good set up but I didn't think it was all that. That Coyote motor is built to the hilt. Take two huffers and strap on that motor and lets put em the scales then.

Hell just a belt driven super charger would put that Coyote motor into the stratosphere as far as torque and HP. It's a little unfair to compare a N/A motor to a twin turbo set up regardless of cubic inches.

Well of course. The difference is the 3.5 TwinTurbo and 5 L coyote are both factory engines with factory warranty.

I knew the Eco boost was good set up but I didn't think it was all that. That Coyote motor is built to the hilt. Take two huffers and strap on that motor and lets put em the scales then.
Specs wise horsepower they are very similar numbers. The 3.5 Eco puts out a lot more torque and at lower RPMs much like a diesel does. That's why they shine when it comes to towing. They still suck on gas mileage though as other's have stated. I just looked up the 2019 as an example and the 3.5 Eco puts out 70lbft more torque, and the 3.5 HO Eco puts out a whopping 110lbft more than the 5.0 does. It tows 2klb more as well depending on how it's configured.

A lot of good info here

I've been thinking a new F-150 5.0
but
I don't see any Super Crews with the 6.5 foot bed

the RED F-150 in POST # 58 is Beautiful and is just what I'm looking for

I feel like i may have missed out on the good low pricing waiting after the end of the year

A lot of good info here

I've been thinking a new F-150 5.0
but
I don't see any Super Crews with the 6.5 foot bed

the RED F-150 in POST # 58 is Beautiful and is just what I'm looking for

I feel like i may have missed out on the good low pricing waiting after the end of the year

That’s my truck. I found it used with 26k miles for 30k. Even with the end of year discounts yadda yadda yadda I was looking at 40+ for a new 2018 and 45+ for a 2019.

That’s my truck. I found it used with 26k miles for 30k. Even with the end of year discounts yadda yadda yadda I was looking at 40+ for a new 2018 and 45+ for a 2019.

as I said above, I've been looking and the prices are through the roof
I think a low mileage used is what I'm going to look for

I bought my '06 new, has 85,000 miles , 5.4 with the bad plug design which i changed last month, all 8 plugs broke on removal, following the factory TSB
always in a garage, no dents and one tiny scratch, just replaced the factory tires
the more i think about it, I really don't need to get rid of it

'06 F150.jpg

The statement concerning there is no replacement for displacement is true for normally aspirated engines. The statement was made before turbos and superchargers. But I will say if you take a V6 and put turbos on it and do the same thing for a V8, then the statement is still true. A bigger displacement engine will always make more power if the same thing is done to both.

Back
Top Bottom