• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford Truck Engines

I had an 08 STX 4x4 Supercab with the 4.6 in this color and while it was nothing special I absolutely loved that truck.

I called it my Superman truck This one is of course quite a bit more capable.
I think the stx package is my favorite for the money. The fords are pretty good trucks. I havent had a newer one butbI hear good things about them.

Im not the one dropping those sweet ass cliches that are about as dumb as they get, but you’re right no ****.
Dodge has a new crate motor called the Hellaphant. 1000 HP out of the box. I would love to strap one of those in one of the 67 to 70 big body mopars. Like the Road Runner, GTX or the like. That would be the best of both worlds. Big body ride and comfort and just concrete shattering HP when you stomp on it. Just a few upgrades on height and Koni coil overs and big disk brakes all the way around. I think that engine is 20,000 LOL.

Not trying to hijack the thread sorry. If ford built the bottom ends on the new eco boost engines like they did on the 80's 5.0 it would be a decent set up. That would mean forged steal crank, HD forged rods and forged pistons and chain driven cams. I can't believe they ( not necessarily ford ) ever came out with those freaking engine exploding belt driven timing belts. If they snapped they would take out half the motor. Chains stretch and need replacing but the 80's 5.0 had a double roller timing chain. Possibly one of the stoutest engines ever to come off the assembly line. The late 90 and early 2000 Cobra motors had the same treatment. Different DOHC set up but done right. If the Eco Boost has all the mentioned motor upgrades then that would be a contender but if not then the V8 would have to my only choice.

Dodge has a new crate motor called the Hellaphant. 1000 HP out of the box. I would love to strap one of those in one of the 67 to 70 big body mopars. Like the Road Runner, GTX or the like. That would be the best of both worlds. Big body ride and comfort and just concrete shattering HP when you stomp on it. Just a few upgrades on height and Koni coil overs and big disk brakes all the way around. I think that engine is 20,000 LOL.
I think the hellcat crate motor was 25k when it first became available. I imagine the hellaphant is going to be even worse. I def would like to have a project to put one in.

I think the hellcat crate motor was 25k when it first became available. I imagine the hellaphant is going to be even worse. I def would like to have a project to put one in.
Wouldn't that be a nice combo. I wouldn't even mind if the body wasn't all decked out with new paint. Just a good solid body with no damage. Put a nice stance and wheels and let her rip!

Brent Truck 1.jpg
Brent Truck 2.jpg
The 5.0L V8 is solid. For sheer longevity, I’d put my money there. The diesel is new and unproven and while the Ecoboosts have mostly been sorted, they’re simply more complicated designs.

As always I received some good and very solid advise from my ODT friends and took delivery of my 2018 F150 King Ranch being pushed by a tried and true 5.0L V8. Thanks to all who replied.

Back
Top Bottom