• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Friendly Fire Responsible for Near-Death Wounding Of Boston Officer?

I wouldn't doubt it. I think the family of one of the people killed by police on search for Dorner just won a bunch of money from an open and closed lawsuit against the police. This stuff happens.

Anyone want to venture out and answer what round killed more officers in vietnam? Hint it wasn't the 7.62x39

If you want to complete a mission with no questions you complete said mission while undergoing another mission.....details are lost in the confusion.

Friendly fire or blue on blue sucks no matter where it occurs, on the streets of Baghdad or in gunfire exchange between LEO's and criminals here in the US. Nothing shady about tragic stuff that happens in the midst of chaos.

I did find this statement in the article "off the wall" and irresponsible at a minimum.

“It’s arguably a wartime situation,” said Chuck Wexler, executive director of the Police *Executive Research Forum, a Washington nonprofit that conducts research on law enforcement. “Police agencies are not generally prepared for the kind of wartime situation that these officers encountered.”

There was nothing even remotely "wartime" about one suspect or two having a shootout with police; there are also a couple of cases where LEO's just opened fire on "Black SUVs" without hesitation because they thought it was the bad guys. Same as the two or three cases in the Dornier event where innocents just happen to have a similar vehicle and had multiple LEO's do a mag dump on their cars.

That crap needs to be checked without any exceptions, this is not a country at war.

Cough...cough.

Friendly fire or blue on blue sucks no matter where it occurs, on the streets of Baghdad or in gunfire exchange between LEO's and criminals here in the US. Nothing shady about tragic stuff that happens in the midst of chaos.

I did find this statement in the article "off the wall" and irresponsible at a minimum.

“It’s arguably a wartime situation,” said Chuck Wexler, executive director of the Police *Executive Research Forum, a Washington nonprofit that conducts research on law enforcement. “Police agencies are not generally prepared for the kind of wartime situation that these officers encountered.”

There was nothing even remotely "wartime" about one suspect or two having a shootout with police; there are also a couple of cases where LEO's just opened fire on "Black SUVs" without hesitation because they thought it was the bad guys. Same as the two or three cases in the Dornier event where innocents just happen to have a similar vehicle and had multiple LEO's do a mag dump on their cars.

That crap needs to be checked without any exceptions, this is not a country at war.

I disagree....we have the war on drugs, the war on terror, potential nationalization of resources.....that screams time of war to me. Secondly, how else could the president issue executive orders that "bypass" congress unless we were in a "Time of War"?

Why do we even have a congress or senate if the president can bypass them anyway?

I disagree....we have the war on drugs, the war on terror, potential nationalization of resources.....that screams time of war to me. Secondly, how else could the president issue executive orders that "bypass" congress unless we were in a "Time of War"?

Why do we even have a congress or senate if the president can bypass them anyway?

You have been reading a lot, haven't you?

You guys are addressing an entirely different matter than I am. I was simply referring to the tactical situation on the ground at that time. All the political stuff - meh (while I do get where your going).

I addressed the blue on blue in my previous post. To complete a "Secret" mission it is best to do so while undergoing an additonal mission. We don't know if this guy was sleeping with another mans wife, scamming the dept, etc. But what a better time to take advantage of the situation?

I agree though that once the bullets start wizzing near you everything changes.....Red becomes orange, orange becomes blue etc. Accidents do happen but without more TRUE onsite accounts we will never know.

The political thing....well that is just my way of having some good conversations while I sit on this confrence call. No Ill WIll Intended.

I went to a Catholic HS (it was very liberal on the religion) and a private college. All I learned was what to think.

They don't teach you how to think anymore.

My dad has always said that "You go to college to learn how to think and solve problems....you really don't learn anything you couldn't teach yourself."

This was also the man who taught me how to maintain heart rythms and trigger squeeze. He shot expert on the M14 and I did on the M16 (Although I would of rather had the M14).

Back
Top Bottom