• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Friendly Fire Responsible for Near-Death Wounding Of Boston Officer?

We don't even know if it was a blue on blue shooting yet, the entire article was an eyewitness best guesstimate...we will see as "events unfold" :)

Maybe....if the real story ever comes out. The problem with eye witnesses is that they all have different stories....Hell look at lincolns death....they got 30+ different accounts from 30+ people....AND THEY WERE ALL IN THE SAME ROOM....

Friendly fire or blue on blue sucks no matter where it occurs, on the streets of Baghdad or in a gunfire exchange between LEO's and criminals here in the US. Nothing shady about tragic stuff that happens in the midst of chaos.

I did find this statement in the article "off the wall" and irresponsible at a minimum.

“It’s arguably a wartime situation,” said Chuck Wexler, executive director of the Police *Executive Research Forum, a Washington nonprofit that conducts research on law enforcement. “Police agencies are not generally prepared for the kind of wartime situation that these officers encountered.”

There was nothing even remotely "wartime" about one suspect or two having a shootout with police (even w/ the "bomb" aspect); there are also a couple of cases where LEO's just opened fire on "Black SUVs" without hesitation because they thought it was the bad guys that are coming to light. Same as the two or three cases in the Dornier event where innocents just happen to have a similar vehicle and had multiple LEO's do a mag dump on their cars WITHOUT any other cause.

That crap needs to be checked without any exceptions, this is not a country at war in the homeland. No excuse-Period. Anyone whom did so (opened fired on a car without IDing the occupant or being fired on) needs to move on and find another job.

Technically, the NDAA designates the continental US as a battlefield. The war is against the American people's rights.

which "technically" has nothing to do with the OP or the intent of my statement or anything that occurred in Boston in a "potential friendly" fire incident or the bombing for that matter. I am well aware of the powers (temporarily I suspect) granted under the NDAA of 2012. We can all agree that there are sections (Detainee Matters would be one) that need to be addressed ASAP.
My comment was in regard to your comment about the articles quote by the police officer about this being war time or something to that effect. I just pointed out that while you may object to the words used by the officer and quoted by the article's author, but the words used are appropriate because we are operating legally in this country under a state of war. You are free to object to the officer calling a spade a spade but that is exactly what the officer did. I don't support the NDAA but it's time that people get used to these issues being discussed in their appropriate terms.

My dad has always said that "You go to college to learn how to think and solve problems....you really don't learn anything you couldn't teach yourself."

This was also the man who taught me how to maintain heart rythms and trigger squeeze. He shot expert on the M14 and I did on the M16 (Although I would of rather had the M14).

I was always off by three for "Expert," lol. My vision sucks.

5.56 Ironically.....Lt's came in fresh and demanded respect, most were sniper checked, some were just plain shot by "Accident".

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that puts you at a disadvantage for sure.

There were 7800 officers (+/- a couple) killed during the duration of the Vietnam War; there was roughly 600 investigated murders or fraggings (defined as killed via granade or shot) by US troops. That is roughly 7% without thinking too hard. Your assertion in blatantly incorrect. In addition to kept statistics I served with thousands of E-5 to E-9 infantry veterans of the era and had have also had the displeasure of knowing an E-3 whom was prosecuted for just this act. We discussed the phenomena on more than one occasion.

So no, most officers were not killed with 5.56. The facts are pretty easy to locate.

There were 7800 officers (+/- a couple) killed during the duration of the Vietnam War; there was roughly 600 investigated murders or fraggings (defined as killed via granade or shot) by US troops. That is roughly 7% without thinking too hard. Your assertion in blatantly incorrect. In addition to kept statistics I served with thousands of E-5 to E-9 infantry veterans of the era and had have also had the displeasure of knowing an E-3 whom was prosecuted for just this act. We discussed the phenomena on more than one occasion.

So no, most officers were not killed with 5.56. The facts are pretty easy to locate.

Interesting.

Thanks for sharing....Apparently they teach wrong information to service academies.

Thanks for sharing....Apparently they teach wrong information to service academies.

If they taught that stuff then it was completely erroneous and down right irresponsible, in fact more Majors (0-4) were killed than Second LT's, most KIA in the officer category were 0-2 or 1st LT's.

Here is a about as a reputable source of casualties broken down as you can get for the statistics of KIA by rank. Court marshal records show a wide spread of ranks including senior enlisted as the subjects of "assualt" or "murder" in the "fragging" arena. While it happened it was talked about much more than done aka "the rumor mill".

http://thewall-usa.com/summary.asp

:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom