• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia-Vanderbilt

Dude, what can ya expect when everyone that's supposed to touch the ball other than the center and QB are sitting the bench with injuries? This isn't a coaching issue, it's a personnel issue.

Nick T

It is personnel now. What was the reason last season? Or the one before? How far back would you like to go?

x75, what do you mean "the reason for last season? Or the one before?" Last season, Georgia was within 5 yards of playing in the national championship game. They played in the SEC championship game the year before.

How many Super Bowls would the Steelers of the 70s have won without Franco Harris, Rocky Bleier, Lynn Swann, John Stallworth, whoever their third best receiver was, and Donnie Shell?

I don't think any team, college or pro, could lose 6 of their top starters, especially at the skill positions, without being negatively impacted. However, the Missouri loss is easier to swallow than today's debacle.

x75, what do you mean "the reason for last season? Or the one before?" Last season, Georgia was within 5 yards of playing in the national championship game. They played in the SEC championship game the year before.

How many Super Bowls would the Steelers of the 70s have won without Franco Harris, Rocky Bleier, Lynn Swann, John Stallworth, whoever their third best receiver was, and Donnie Shell?

I don't think any team, college or pro, could lose 6 of their top starters, especially at the skill positions, without being negatively impacted. However, the Missouri loss is easier to swallow than today's debacle.

^^^^This^^^^^

Nick T

so what you're saying is that it's ok for uga to have excuses for not winning? cuz that's what i hear. every year it's something. special teams, defense, lack of offense, penalties. every team faces the same challenges, but somehow the other ones seem to overcome those same problems and manage to be elite

I don't think you got my point. I don't believe any team that had as many injuries to key players would do well (especially well enough to overcome shooting themselves in the foot). The previous post mentions every team faces the same challenges, but I believe the sheer number of injuries to skill players would doom any team. For example, last year's Alabama team would not have been even close to sniffing the National Championship game if they lost their top two running backs, top safety, and top three receivers.

The injuries are still not an excuse for poor coaching and special teams play ( we should still be able to beat Vanderbilt). If Georgia had just half of the injured starters, I am convinced today's game would not have been close.

No team in the nation would be able remain in the top ten if they lost similar personnel as this year's UGA team.

Last edited:
^^ No argument about that. I am a TN fan and always will be BUT I did pull for Ga on the hope that they would win the SEC east. It doesn't look good right now but I ain't giving up on 'em yet. There's still alot of football to be played and nobody's got it sewed up yet.
BTW- How about that Butch-slap that Spurrier took today? Go big orange!

Back
Top Bottom