• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Go for a run….

8 months later and I've been doing a few runs a week now and haven't really changed what I eat but have added healthier things into the mix. I've been feeling a better but only been at it about a month now.
Believe I would change my diet if I was getting the runs a few times a week.
But then, on the other hand, that’s probably a great weight loss method.

Only way I’m running is if some big sumbitch is after me, and I left my gun at home.
And then I’d probably die with a heart attack from the exertion.
Did survive a timed 6 minute fast walk around the pulmonologist’s office yesterday, though.
Congrats, they made me carry an oxygen tank after two minutes.

When I got out of the military in 1975, I told myself I would keep running 3 miles a day. If I missed a day, I would just add it on. Today, I need to run 52,560 miles to square up.

15 years ago, at age 57, I got a job at Camp Merrill here in Dahlonega as an armed guard. While I was at Ft.Benning being processed in, getting sworn in, uniforms, etc., the Provost Marshall, late 30s, early 40s (A Lt. Col), stops me in the hallway, sneers at me (I won a 2 year case against the Dept. Of Army and they had to pay 2 yrs. back pay!) and asks if I can pass the PT test. I, respectfully responded in my best Marine voice, "Sir, I can knock out the sit ups and push ups no problem. I can run the 100 yard dash in under the required time,
but will probably puke my guts out. Sir, you will not need a stop watch for the three mile run, you will need a #%&@$ calendar." With that, an about face, carry on.

Back
Top Bottom