• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Going to Dega! Ala. Carry question

Glocksman

Default rank <5 posts
New to The Trader!
0   0
Reaction score
Im going to talladega this weekend and i was skimming through bama's laws and nothing really caught my eye that was much differnet from Ga Carry Laws. I basically read some weird rules for sporting events and buildings with "security measures" and that if there is a "No Gun" sign it might be a good idea to not proceed but that wasnt cut and dry. Is there anything i may have missed that i need to know about for this weekend?

You're right. If he's going to the Superspeedway, it says here that firearms aren't allowed.

And if they search or observe a firearm then they will be asked to leave. Violating a private business policy doesn't bother me. Empowering with the force of law DOES!

Since May 2013:

• Making Alabama a Shall Issue State and Alabama now accepts concealed carry permits from ALL states.
  • Sheriffs are now required to use the National Criminal Background Check System (NICS) when performing background checks on concealed carry applicants.
  • Alabama Pistol Permit holders can store their firearm in their vehicle while they are at work.
  • Applicants can choose how long the permit will be valid for from one to five years.
  • 1Alabama Hunting License holders can store an unloaded rifle or shotgun in their vehicle while they are at work.
  • Alabama State Legislature has total control over firearm, ammunition and firearm accessory regulation and policy to keep them uniform.
  • Castle Doctrine extends into a place of business
  • Transportation of a handgun in a vehicle is allowed without an Alabama Pistol Permit if you are legally permitted to possess the handgun. The handgun but be unloaded, locked in a container or container that is in or affixed securely to the vehicle and out of reach of the driver or any passenger.

Alabama Pistol Permit holders ARE allows to carry in schools.

(e) School security personnel and school resource officers qualified under subsection (a) of Section 16-1-44.1, employed by a local board of education, and authorized by the employing local board of education to carry a deadly weapon while on duty are exempt from subsection (c) of this section. Law enforcement officers are exempt from this section, and persons with pistol permits issued pursuant to Section 13A-11-75, are exempt from subsection (c) of this section.

Use to be a long list now not so much. What places are off-limits when carrying a concealed weapon in Alabama?

Possession of firearms by persons participating in, attending, etc., demonstrations at public places is unlawful.

Defined: (1) DEMONSTRATION. Demonstrating, picketing, speechmaking or marching, holding of vigils and all other like forms of conduct which involve the communication or expression of views or grievances engaged in by one or more persons, the conduct of which has the effect, intent or propensity to draw a crowd or onlookers. Such term shall not include casual use of property by visitors or tourists which does not have an intent or propensity to attract a crowd or onlookers.

http://www.usacarry.com/alabama-gun-law-changes/

http://www.usacarry.com/alabama_concealed_carry_permit_information.html

Alabama has both stand your ground (castle law in public) and castle law/doctrine as of August 2013.

There are no Alabama laws to prohibit carrying lawfully in an establishment that serves alcohol.

State forest are off limits but WMA, State parks and rest areas are good to go.

Back
Top Bottom