• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Guess what I saw at Academy Sports...

Anyone who owns or has owned a Hi Point ever had an OOB detonation due to the firing pin working double duty as the ejector? I'm wondering about personal experiences ejecting live rounds. Cycle the slide too quickly, pin/ejector strikes primer on the way back, boom?

ETA - I've cautioned a recent purchaser of a C9 about this, but I'm not sure of how likely it is, and how cautious they need to be ejecting live rounds.

I was walking around the new Academy store in Brunswick yesterday looking for a detachable carry handle for my AR. They told me they had them but they didn't. But while I was standing at the gun counter asking the clerk about it I saw another clerk hand a Hi Point 995 carbine to a customer. So I said to the other clerk" So y'all are selling Hi Points now?" And he said that they had the C9 for $169.00.

So the ghetto gun everyone loves to hate has now gone mainstream. It may not be a surprise to y'all but it was to me. I always assumed that Hi Point would be the brand you had to go to a pawn shop to get. Or here or Armslist or Facebook etc. Anyway good for Hi Point and I guess bad for local gun and pawn shops.
I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO SAY YOU SAW SOMEONE THERE THAT NEW SOMETHING. STAY AWAY FROM THAT PLACE YOU'LL GET FRUSTRATED

was at Ft. Benning PX this weekend, didn't see any high points there

1224161135.jpg

Bought this gem at the Fort Gordon PX. 765 otd. They have some good deals sometimes. They carry cheap stuff because privates spend all their money on beer and hookers. I speak from experience.

View attachment 1030354

Bought this gem at the Fort Gordon PX. 765 otd. They have some good deals sometimes. They carry cheap stuff because privates spend all their money on beer and hookers. I speak from experience.

Very nice.
My e4 has only spent $3k this entire year. Has $17k checking acct. guess he's not normal private

Back
Top Bottom