• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Buy Back

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/big-turn-out-gun-buyback-program/ncrBT/

Every person's reason for dropping off a gun was different. Harold Thomas was being proactive.

"My son had it. I wanted to make sure he didn't use it," Thomas said.

This was a year-and-half long effort by the NAACP, black churches and the City of Atlanta and Fulton County made this possible. About $30,000 was handed out in less than two hours and $14,000 more got the group to early afternoon before having to shut down with no more money.

All those guns will then be processed by authorities. It turns out the group could have been out of business sooner, had they not had competition a block away.

Gun collectors and enthusiasts, like David Daum, caught the attention of some people before reaching the Turner Field parking lot where the buyback was taking place.

"I personally just collect, restore. My personal preference is antique firearms," explained Daum. He said his reason for being out there based on preservation. "Being a collector, especially trying to keep some of the historical firearms from being melted down and destroyed."

Was listening to 106.7 this evening. Some guy was saying he dropped off a Mac 10 with mags and a suppressor!!

Might not have been the same one I saw, but a guy had 2 Mac 10's and one of them had a fake can on it. He kept saying it was a suppressor but clearly wasn't. He said they had been buried. The guns were just solid rust. I wouldn't have given him $10 for them.

Back
Top Bottom