• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Had my first bad experience here

Top or bottom?? ( )( ) or ( . )( . )

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Bottom

Votes: 15 55.6%

• Total voters
If they don't have a permit, that's what the bill of sale is for .

That's a horrible idea. You are not required to have a permit. A Bill of Sale is a pre-registration document. What keeps the seller of providing your info without a warrant? Once the LEOs have your info on file, your weapon is registered.

What's to say that someone may sell you a gun, demand this "Bill of Sale" and then burglarize your house as he now knows you have guns and where you live? When you sell a car and provide a Bill of Sale, which party gets the Bill of Sale?

What was this thread about?

Oh yeah

tenor (3).gif

But I'm still waiting to hear if the potential buyer had any excuse for why he was late and didn't answer his phone...

That's a horrible idea. You are not required to have a permit. A Bill of Sale is a pre-registration document. What keeps the seller of providing your info without a warrant? Once the LEOs have your info on file, your weapon is registered.

What's to say that someone may sell you a gun, demand this "Bill of Sale" and then burglarize your house as he now knows you have guns and where you live? When you sell a car and provide a Bill of Sale, which party gets the Bill of Sale?

As for the Car example...both? Every used vehicle Ive sold I have printed the GA Vehicle BOS and made a copy for both parties. When I sell - the buyer is getting my title anyway so they have my address.

I was being sarcastic.

Back
Top Bottom