• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Honey do list just got longer...380 or 9?

Which Caliber

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • 9mm

Votes: 29 87.9%

• Total voters
Well, I have the wife signed for a class at Norcross Range with a female instructor. The Instructor mentioned women usually like the P238. Of course I'd love her to stick with 9mm but whatever she's comfortable with. What else do women prefer? It must have a safety and an easy slide due to weak hand strength.

Thanks in advance!
I went with a S&W 642, .38 revolver. I have taught firearms for most of my adult life and found that the simplicity of a revolver and the lack of a hammer works well for ladies who have limited hand strength. Also, the shrouded hammer allows carry in a purse or jacket pocket without the issue of snagging. My wife carries hers along with two speed loaders and it has a laser which really makes her comfortable.

Get her to look at the rental guns and try out what she's interested in.
Thankfully Rental is included in the class.....but, she'll take the class while I'm at work so there's no input from me.

I'm just working on a list of one's I think she should try. Married guys know what I mean...lol

After 25 years I know what do..lol

Thankfully Rental is included in the class.....but, she'll take the class while I'm at work so there's no input from me.

I'm just working on a list of one's I think she should try. Married guys know what I mean...lol

After 25 years I know what do..lol
The fact that she's interested is what's important. She might not pick the best gun to start but that's not a big deal. She will continue to learn like we did and find what works for her. She will have to figure it out for herself.

My wife EDC's a glock 17 in a gearcraft holster. I know it doesn't fit your requirements but maybe consider it as an option.
20160507_195700.jpg

my wife is on the SheepDog Mama's page on FB - she threw out the P238 vs Glock 42 question. Though the P238 got a lot of love, overwhelmingly most women responded that they enjoyed carrying the G42 more. My wife is very fit though, and wears tight clothing. Additionally, with kiddos purse carry is not even an option. So, she has the G42 for situations that involve looser clothing or jackets, and we recently picked up an NAA .22lr for deep carry when other options are limited.

Back
Top Bottom