• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

how did you become a fan of your team?

rugerceltics13

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
31   0
Reaction score
simple question. lots of varying answers

i'm a uga fan cuz i went to school there

i grew up watching acc sports so i cheer for the heels and noles

lived in richmond, dc, baltimore so my nfl team is the skins. yeah i know been a cursed franchise for 2 decades

first sports book i read was larry bird biography so i'm a celtics fan

Tech fan cause I went to grad school there.

Saints fan Cause I lived on the MS Gulf coast from 07-10 and fell in love with that city how they supported that team through the bad and good (2009!)

Miami alum.

I grew up across the street from Yankee Stadium in NYC. The NY Giants also played there when I was a kid. I worked in Yankee Stadium part time when I was in HS.

At 10yrs old in 1979 not a lot of college games were on tv,but I remember well watching The "Comeback Kid" Joe Montana play for the Irish and have been hooked ever since!! I to have pulled for the Celtics since the 80's and as much as we suck the Raiders are my fav and always have been!!

Grew up in NH.
By default, I'm a fan of the Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics and of course the New England Patriots.
Red Sox and Patriots waited until I moved to GA, then decided they actually wanted to become champions. :(
Follow the Bruins when I have time, but professional basketball is a joke now. Nothing but thugs and want to be thugs now. No class at all.
Never followed college ball of any kind and certainly don't feel like I'm missing anything. Way to much to do around the house and with family than to waste time inside watching the "boob tube".

At 10yrs old in 1979 not a lot of college games were on tv,but I remember well watching The "Comeback Kid" Joe Montana play for the Irish and have been hooked ever since!! I to have pulled for the Celtics since the 80's and as much as we suck the Raiders are my fav and always have been!!

I knew there was a reason I liked you!!

When I was 9, 1974, I went to my first Notre Dame - USC game. We sat with the parents of Mike Fanning, Notre Dame Nose Tackle, and that was the beginning of a life long obsession with ND. My dads cousin was a 2 year starting QB for them and his dad played as a lineman under Knute Rockne. I guess you can say that ND is in our blood!

Dad and grandad are UGA fans...grew up in a GT household as my cousin went there! So, I'm used to being picked on for being a Dawgs
fan!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom