• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

how did you become a fan of your team?

I grew up in Alabama and at an early age you have to pick sides...Alabama or Auburn. Bear Bryant was at Alabama and BAMA dominated Auburn, so it was an easy choice. Later I attended THE University of Alabama and got my degree. My oldest son and his wife also graduated from the U of A. So it is in the blood...I bleed Crimson. Roll Tide!

Bear class.jpg

My daughter and her husband graduated from UGA (thanks Hope Scholarship) , so it they are not playing Alabama I pull for Georgia.

I grew up in Alabama and at an early age you have to pick sides...Alabama or Auburn. Bear Bryant was at Alabama and BAMA dominated Auburn, so it was an easy choice. Later I attended THE University of Alabama and got my degree. My oldest son and his wife also graduated from the U of A. So it is in the blood...I bleed Crimson. Roll Tide!

View attachment 231931

My daughter and her husband graduated from UGA (thanks Hope Scholarship) , so it they are not playing Alabama I pull for Georgia.

dude all this time i thought you were a war eagle. you know with all that stuff you post about how much you love cam newton and all :thumb:

My only child is a PhD student at Texas A and M, I send money there so I support the team. Since she started I have fallen in love with the history and traditions at the school. She did undergrad at Berry College so no football (at that time), went to A and M for Master's on a ride (so I paid some living expenses) and now PhD (I pay for class fees) she pays living expenses (teaches for Blinn College). If you have never heard of Blinn College, it won the Junior College National Championship a few years ago with some kid named Cam Newton. Headed to College Station on Friday (11/1) to go to the UTEP game, that is when I could get off. Gig'em Aggies, WHOOP!!

Georgia Tech because they are always the underdogs and I like to be different, ( they have won more national championships than UGAG too)
Chicago White Sox because of The BIg Hurt Frank Thomas he loved the game, and was a hell of a 1st baseman
San Francisco 49er's Grew up watching, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, and Steve Young.

In order of how happy I am when they win/depressed when they lose
- UGA Alum (football)
- The first baseball season I watched was the Braves worst-to-first when I was 5. It's impossible to not like a hometown team that consistently wins with a low to median budget and produces incredible talent from their farm system (thank you Schuerholz!)
- Falcons because I'm a homer.......and Arthur Blank has a sweet 'stache
- UGA Alum (basketball, even abysmal as it may be since Jim Harrick left the program in mire I'll watch most of their games)
- Hawks because I'm a homer and watch little enough NBA to care how many times they get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs.........ehhh and actually they could almost be left off the list, because NBA sucks until the playoffs and even then I'm usually watching baseball instead

Back
Top Bottom