• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

how did you become a fan of your team?

I've never been a college football fan because of the crappy ranking system. I think every team should have a fair shot regardless of some political ranking BS. I hate that Notre Dame just has to have a 500 season to be guaranteed a bowl game even if that boots out a school with a better record for the year. SO...my favorite college team is whoever happens to be playing Notre Dame. The rest, I enjoy the games but don't follow any particular team. I just see college football as a farm league for the NFL.

Dallas Cowboys is my NFL team. I was born in Texas but that has nothing to do with why. I was 9 months old when we moved from Texas. When I was a kid, Dallas truly was "America's Team". Back when we had 5 channels of TV and an aerial antenna, they were the most commonly aired team. Roger Staubach! They just stuck. I've never left their side. Even in their really crappy years...My favorite Cowboy's season was the year they only won a single game. They beat the Redskins who would have been undefeated had they beat the Cowboys like everyone else did that year lol.

Baseball...Braves of course.

Basketball sucks. I am not in any way entertained by watching 7 foot tall men dunk a 10 foot goal. Every game seems boringly close till the last 2 minutes...scores mean nothing when they are so frequent. It's usually anybody's game right to the end. I never understood why they didn't just play the last 2-3 minutes and go home...free up tv for women's tennis or something. Same with Nascar...just run those last 4 freaking laps balls to the wall...all the rest is just a waste of time - bumper to bumper in a circle..big woop. Nascar is just a 200 mile per hour mobile billboard for rednecks....lots of boob flashing in the infield though...not a bad way to spend the day watching that in person but I don't get watching it on TV. They don't show the boob flashing. But...people watch golf on tv too...so go figure.

I've never been a college football fan because of the crappy ranking system. I think every team should have a fair shot regardless of some political ranking BS. I hate that Notre Dame just has to have a 500 season to be guaranteed a bowl game even if that boots out a school with a better record for the year. SO...my favorite college team is whoever happens to be playing Notre Dame. The rest, I enjoy the games but don't follow any particular team. I just see college football as a farm league for the NFL.

Dallas Cowboys is my NFL team. I was born in Texas but that has nothing to do with why. I was 9 months old when we moved from Texas. When I was a kid, Dallas truly was "America's Team". Back when we had 5 channels of TV and an aerial antenna, they were the most commonly aired team. Roger Staubach! They just stuck. I've never left their side. Even in their really crappy years...My favorite Cowboy's season was the year they only won a single game. They beat the Redskins who would have been undefeated had they beat the Cowboys like everyone else did that year lol.

Baseball...Braves of course.

Basketball sucks. I am not in any way entertained by watching 7 foot tall men dunk a 10 foot goal. Every game seems boringly close till the last 2 minutes...scores mean nothing when they are so frequent. It's usually anybody's game right to the end. I never understood why they didn't just play the last 2-3 minutes and go home...free up tv for women's tennis or something. Same with Nascar...just run those last 4 freaking laps balls to the wall...all the rest is just a waste of time - bumper to bumper in a circle..big woop. Nascar is just a 200 mile per hour mobile billboard for rednecks....lots of boob flashing in the infield though...not a bad way to spend the day watching that in person but I don't get watching it on TV. They don't show the boob flashing. But...people watch golf on tv too...so go figure.

I feel that way about pro basketball but March Madness is to me like the World Cup is to Europeans.

I can watch all day and do.

At 10yrs old in 1979 not a lot of college games were on tv,but I remember well watching The "Comeback Kid" Joe Montana play for the Irish and have been hooked ever since!! I to have pulled for the Celtics since the 80's and as much as we suck the Raiders are my fav and always have been!!

just curious as to why you are a raiders fan?

Back
Top Bottom