• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How much for a nice used 10/22????

Might want to send this to the firearms chat rather than selling area. That being said yes you can buy a brand new 10/22 for $200 new or less but the past several years Ruger has done some things to reduce cost that I really don't appreciate. Todays NIB stainless Ruger 10/22's are dull painted stainless and looks cheesy. The older polished barrels are much nicer. The grade of stock affects cost. The cheapest are the stained birchwood/wood. The nice walnut, checkered stocks are worth more. The hammer forged bull barrels are an added cost and special limited runs are also a premium upcharge. There are lots of choices.

If you buy one, go to: MidwayUSA and order the Volquertsen hammer and spring kit. You don't need the sear. It will drop the trigger pull to 2.5 lbs and make a real shooter out of it.

I would also like to know about the 10/22 prices. I have seen them NIB for around $200 but those were the plain jane stock no frills edition 10/22's. I bought a limited edition one about 2 years ago it was about $400 out the door. It's a nice euro walnut with scroll engravings in the stock.

Back
Top Bottom