Hunting scopes...

You could go to the gym. LOL
I get it. It's just when you shave weight by using flutes, titanium and CF everywhere to build a LW rifle then putting a heavy scope on the rig seems wrong somehow. I guess I could justify it by rationalizing that the LW rifle allows me more room for a heavier scope?

For me its about how well the scope and rifle match each other. Weight, size, functionality and yes, even visually.

An example you might identify with also. I do the same for my AR's. My 5lb+ Christensen Arms carbon fiber carbine has a red dot. My 8lb+ Lanxang .308 has a NF NXS 3-18x50.

I get it. It's just when you shave weight by using flutes, titanium and CF everywhere to build a LW rifle then putting a heavy scope on the rig seems wrong somehow. I guess I could justify it by rationalizing that the LW rifle allows me more room for a heavier scope?

For me its about how well the scope and rifle match each other. Weight, size, functionality and yes, even visually.

An example you might identify with also. I do the same for my AR's. My 5lb+ Christensen Arms carbon fiber carbine has a red dot. My 8lb+ Lanxang .308 has a NF NXS 3-18x50.
100% in agreement here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Have you considered SWFA? They make the 3-15x44mm with 30mm tube. They have High Density Glass models and can come as mil/sfp, moa/sfp, mil/ffp, and moa/ffp. They also have a 5-20x50mm model, 1-4x30mm, and their fixed series in 6x, 10x, 12x, 16x, and 20x. Tough as nails. Havent failed me yet.

Edit: Only their HD models are illuminated and maybe outside your price range. For zero stop SWFA offers their shim kits for an extra $25 with easy install instructions.

https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-razor-hd-lh-3-15x42.html
Kind of digging this reticle in it:
Not my photo below.
B403F373-D4D2-45EF-B18C-B6C92508484B.jpeg

Vortex_G4-BDC-155x155.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom