• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I was stopped at a road block last night.

I keep forgetting that it's a waste time arguing with the usual retarded cadre of people who think it's smart as well as constitutional to be stupid. You'd think I'd learn but I have this problem thinking that common sense is a universal trait when clearly it is not. Fortunately I only need to be remided by pervasive stupidity about once a month. Thanks...I'm good for now. See ya next month.

I will take credit for this as mine was the last post before this one. Problem is it doesn't matter what you call me, I don't care. :banplease:

I guess it is all about choices. I chose to be forthcoming and cooperative. I suspect that deputy will remember me next time he is working a road block that I attend and things will go equally well.

I am fairly well known around my county's government (expecially after the EMA ordinance stuff that went on here) and, if I were arrested for being a jerk during a road block, it would make the local paper. I learned many years ago that you will make more headway with a good, cooperative attitude than anything else. My goal last night was to get home, 1 mile away, prop my feet up in my chair and take it easy for a few minutes.

That worked for me.

Next time ill make sure to put the sarcasm tags on.... :rolleyes:

I've been carrying so long that most of the time it doesn't even cross my mind. There's no way that I'm bringing up a weapon unless I'm asked. I don't mind answering, but I ain't going to spook a guy by telling him, "hey I gotta a gun."

I've been stopped and through several road blocks without any mention of a firearm. I ain't gonna spook a cop by telling him I'm armed. I assume that he always assumes that most folks today are armed, but I ain't gonna force him to deal with it by telling him.

The last stop I had wasn't pleasant. The deputy spotted a long gun in my back seat and asked if it was loaded. I replied "No, it's an old muzzleloader." He then asked if I had any that were loaded? I told him "yes I do." He then ask me to give them to him for safety. I told him "that'll be fine." I didn't care, kinda understood as we were alone on a county road. But after getting them he continued with an attitude about me and my loaded pistols. He kept asking me things like, "what are you afraid of?" "Why do you think you need a .380 in your pocket and a .40 S&W in the glove box?" I responded the first time with, "I carry for the same reason you do. It's a dangerous world we live in." Even after returning them to me he had the nerve to tell me that I should consider changing jobs if I felt like the one I had was so dangerous.

I bit the hell out of my tongue and left. I had nothing to gain by any further comments at the scene of the stop.

I will do anything within the law to not disclose a firearm. I do not want to be pulled from the car at gunpoint.

I've NEVER pulled someone out of their car at gunpoint for telling me they had a gun. Please forgive my ***holery, but that's just a plain ignorant reason for not being forthcoming. If you do not wish to reveal the fact that you are carrying, that's fine, that's legal, and that's your business, but please don't use some made up Hollywood excuse.

On another note, Beerman....make it 11 out of 11 that think everyone's armed. Most of "US" prefer to be told and it will make things easier. However, based on the way the stop is going, someone's lack of revelation does not neccisarily mean we're gonna turn into the incredible hulkhole when we find out that you're LEGALLY armed. As Mdog said, it just makes things go easier and faster. A courtesy if nothing else.

I disagree with some of the things that LEO do but I have always been upfront about weapons in my vehicle. It is not a matter of siding with or against individual rights; it is merely a choice that I make. I'm not saying everyone should do as I do, but the way I see it, it is better to put everything on the table from the get go. Even though I disagree with LEO on certain practices, I don't want anyone getting hurt over something stupid. If need be, violations of rights can be addressed in civil court. But in the mean time, let's make sure everyone gets home safe.

Last edited:
even when I was pulled over for what basically boiled down to wreckless driving a year ago, the officer didn't mind my pistol, and the fact that I informed her may have been the reason I only got a too fast for conditions ticket.

Ghost and mdog, ill happily inform an officer, it shows respect for their safety. However, I will no longer consent to road side searches. I've been handcuffed and sat on a police cruiser while friends went by, I've had cars torn apart etc, and never did or had anything that would make them escalate it to that point. From now on, no officer will enter my vehicle without a warrant.

Mine never expires so I guess I will be stuck with the old one............

TOP THIS!

View attachment 128463

Ok....if this is truly a real License, then I would highly suggest that come January 2016 I would apply for my renewal to the new GWL. This might be a real "typo" and a great conversation piece....but after 2-4-16....IMO you are now no longer legally licensed to carry a firearm in the state of Georgia. Any presiding probate judge would rule this as more than "unreasonable"...and you could really find yourself in a jackpot!!.....again,...not tryng to be disrespectful here....but SB308 changed the whole format and scripting of the License again, from a GFL to a GWL requiring the issuer's picture to be on the License. The State has already somewhere figured when the "last" of the old type GWL's will expire. After that time, you really will be in a situation where you could get yourself into trouble. Remember "ignorance" of the law does not give you a free hall pass!

Back
Top Bottom