• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'm lost, sad, mad and just straight out angry

Very sorry to hear about all your troubles and completely understand about having to make that final decision. I went through the same process with my mother. She had pulmonary fibrosis that turns your lungs to scar tissue and ended up in hospice. 10 months after diagnosis my mom's being given the maximum amount of O2 a person can receive and still begging for more air. I'm the oldest and her husband, my step father left that decision to me alone. That was 2003. The most difficult decision I have had to make and it still bothers me even though I know it was the right one to end her suffering. Miss you mom. I hope your pain gets less over the years Sir. God bless.

Very sorry to hear about all your troubles and completely understand about having to make that final decision. I went through the same process with my mother. She had pulmonary fibrosis that turns your lungs to scar tissue and ended up in hospice. 10 months after diagnosis my mom's being given the maximum amount of O2 a person can receive and still begging for more air. I'm the oldest and her husband, my step father left that decision to me alone. That was 2003. The most difficult decision I have had to make and it still bothers me even though I know it was the right one to end her suffering. Miss you mom. I hope your pain gets less over the years Sir. God bless.
I am sorry to hear about your mother and I know it wasn't easy. I know it was the right thing to do as we had talked about the different outcomes and he expressed his wishes to me several times if things didn't go well and he was not going to get better.

I know it is something I have to live with and I have been living with the decisions I have had to make in other situations such as this and it was never easy and never is. I am glad that my two younger brother or my mother didn't really have to make the final decision as I knew and know they never could have done it.

I know my brother is at peace now and he is not hurting or suffering like he was. He is up in heaven with our dad and uncles and grandparents. I know one day when the good lord call me home I will be with them all again but until then all I can do is keep his memory alive in my mind and in my heart and honor him for the great brother, man and veteran he was. It is funny that between me, him and my dad we all served in combat with the 1st Calvary Division. Dad in Vietnam, me and my brother both in Iraq.

I know my brother is at peace now and he is not hurting or suffering like he was.
This is the truth. Focus on the good times and that he's in a better place.

We lost my wife's father last fall. USAF 30 year veteran. Story short, it's not just the VA. He was misdiagnosed multiple times for neuro-muscular dysfunction. By the time multiple "best and brightest" neurologists (at big metro teaching hospitals and private hospitals) passed the buck and we had a valid diagnosis he could barely walk with a walker. They'd do an MRI at the drop of a hat because they could bill for it. They used IV IgG for much longer than recommended because they could bill for it (and boy, it's expensive). Just a few months later he passed away. Luckily, my MIL and family used a hospice service, so he passed in peace at home.

There are health care providers out there who care. There are also some who think of it as any other 9-5 widget building job.

This is the truth. Focus on the good times and that he's in a better place.

We lost my wife's father last fall. USAF 30 year veteran. Story short, it's not just the VA. He was misdiagnosed multiple times for neuro-muscular dysfunction. By the time multiple "best and brightest" neurologists (at big metro teaching hospitals and private hospitals) passed the buck and we had a valid diagnosis he could barely walk with a walker. They'd do an MRI at the drop of a hat because they could bill for it. They used IV IgG for much longer than recommended because they could bill for it (and boy, it's expensive). Just a few months later he passed away. Luckily, my MIL and family used a hospice service, so he passed in peace at home.

There are health care providers out there who care. There are also some who think of it as any other 9-5 widget building job.

I'm sorry to hear about your father in law and as that never should happen due to how see that they want to do a half azzed job. The issue have is my brother was only being seen by the VA and they had just did this to our dad who was a 30 year career soldier himself and had passed away just over three years ago and he passed away from misdiagnosing from the VA which was cancer from Agent Orange exposure from Vietnam where he did three tours.

I go to the VA myself as I retired after serving 25 years myself. I know how the VA can screw things up with some of these doctors not caring and treating like a 9-5 job. There several of us that ended up getting one fired for his incompetence and doing stuff he shouldn't have been doing. This guy was a joke and misdiagnosing me on a few things and the lying and trying to cover it up but I am with a really good group of doctors and they have helped me get the treatment and the care I was needing.

I am so sorry to hear about your son and I couldn't even imagine loosing my son as he is the only child we have. I know it's not in our hands and that when our heavenly father calls you home then it is his plan and there is nothing you can do about it. It just hurts as my brother was only 46 and still had life to live for his two boy's who needed him.
Thank you he had 3 children I feel like my goal now is to be the best grandpa I can and try to be there for them. I’m sure you feel the same way about your nephews. I am lifting you up to my Father every time I pray.

Ernst Jungers "on pain" might be a good book for you to thumb through. It was written at the start of the 20th century by a german WW1 combat vet.

Thank you he had 3 children I feel like my goal now is to be the best grandpa I can and try to be there for them. I’m sure you feel the same way about your nephews. I am lifting you up to my Father every time I pray.

Thank you and yes my brother had two sons and we will be keeping an eye on them as his youngest lives with their mother and his oldest is living with some friends of my brothers but we will be watching from a distance and they know we are here if they need us.

Back
Top Bottom