• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In your home have you ever had....

Yep...Big black chunk of a phone that sat on the counter. FFFFFFkkk...titititittikkkk...fffffffffk...titititititikkkk

B&W tv with 5 channels...3, 5, 11, then set to UHF(or was if VHF?) and tune the other dial to 17 or...36? Then twist either the two tall antennas with the tin foil between them or the round one and when you got the channel tuned in, you lost it when you walked away from the tv half the time. And yes, they signed off with the National Anthem.

Microwave? Whut the hack is THAT?

No A/C...lol nope. Hard wood floors, high ceilings and hot water radiator heaters. That morning piss was at the end of a long cold run to the bathroom(which, thankfully, was IN-doors).

No A/C...lol nope. Hard wood floors, high ceilings and hot water radiator heaters. That morning piss was at the end of a long cold run to the bathroom(which, thankfully, was IN-doors).

I forgot about the hot water radiator heaters. Didn't have them at home, but had them in elementary school. At home we had coal fired furnace. Periodically the coal truck would come to the house and dump a load down the coal chute to a basement coal bin. My father would go down the the basement every few hours to add coal and remove the burned residue we called clinkers, a solid chunk of stuff formed by the coal burning. I got to shovel coal when I got older.

We had a black and white TV, I was the remote control, rabbit ear adjuster and outside antenna adjuster. (little more to the left,,whoa,,,go back a little etc, etc)
We finally got a phone when I was 13yrs old and of course it was a rotary dial and only had a 3ft cord.
We burned wood in the fireplace until we bought two gas heaters from the church when they bought new heaters.
We lived in an uninsulated old wood framed house. In the winter we put plastic over all of the windows to keep the heat in.
In the winter we had so many covers on our bed that we could barely roll over.
No a/c but we would raise the windows and install box fans.
Fond humbling memories,,,

Back
Top Bottom