• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In your home have you ever had....

Aren't most people at a class reunion generally about the same age? :suspicious:

EDIT: Or exactly how MANY times did you go through the 7th grade?

:lol: :lol:
Of course all the same age. The years since have been either really kind to some or really awful to others (including me apparently) or both. In any case.... we're getting old! I wish I could have gone through 7th grade more than once. Was a great year. :cool:

We had black and white as well and were one of the last to get a color TV. I remember that grand day well. (Still have a 25" console Zenith in the basement. Still works.) I was 'trying' to give some of the 'youngsters' a chance to participate by not mentioning B&W. ;)
Other thing about those rotary phones... the phone company owned them. I guess in theory if they'd break, you could just get a new one from them but good luck breaking one of those! I'm convinced you could beat a wild boar to death by crushing it's skull with one of those things. Today's phones on the other hand.... :rolleyes:

I can remember both.. We had a big ole console TV in the Den and I had a hand me down Silver round Martian TV with rabbit ears in my room.

Remeber going from channel 17 to channel 46??? You had to wind up your arm and twist the knob 2/3rds of a turn. The you Mom would gripe about "your going to break the tv".

I can remember when VHS players were 1st becoming popular. My dad would rent a VCR from the only store in town on the weekends. First VHS movie I ever watched was "a fistful of dollars".

Both TV and phone, no air, a coal fired furnace, clothesline outside and in the basement and a reel-type push lawn mower. Oh yeah, the milkman made deliveries twice a week. I still have the sheet-metal box the milk was put in. It sat on our front porch and no one ever stole a single quart.

Yes, rotary phone that was a party line. Had to share it with another household that we did no know.
I was the remote for the family. If channel was snowy, I had to turn the dial for the antenna to rotate. Guess that was high tech compared to stationary one.

Yup I had both, rotor phone and a big ol' Zenith Color TV in the wood cabinet when I was growing up. The tv had two turn knobs with fine adjustment on the inside of the knob. I was also the remote, we had 5 channels. Good times. I still only have an antenna to this day, I pick up 60 channels through the air, amazing!

Channel 3, 9, and 12 when I was growing up... I was the remote. I remember the laser disc player BEFORE the VCR, I remember Beta in addition to VHS, and I remember a time when MTV was non-existent then was just trying to pay the bills and stay on the air by playing ACTUAL MUSIC VIDEOS. I remember the original pull tab rings on beer and soft drinks, and I remember when warning labels were still funny because they were new and not on every single consumer item sold to help perpetuate the ignorance of morons too stupid that FRESH COFFEE IS HOT, and you probably shouldn't be trying to drink it while you drive away from McDonald's drive thru window anyway! :mad:

...sorry everyone... it was a tough ride in to the office this morning

Back
Top Bottom