• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In your home have you ever had....

Wood heater in ONE room,one light bulb in each room with a string tied to it for on/off,only running water was in kitchen sink from a hand dug well,no tub/shower,had an outhouse but grandma had a wood chair with the seat removed and a bucket. Huge day was when we got a party phone we were "uptown" then.

The kids were the remote. Three stations and the Superstation on UHF. Black and white set w/rabbit ears.

Rotary phone with a cord that would almost reach the other side of the house. "Wireless" concept. The "one" phone was in the kitchen. No party lines, though.

Watching Walter Cronkite deliver the news every night. Praying that my uncle wouldn't be shot down over Vietnam.

Leaving on a Saturday morning and not coming home until the street lights came on. Lunch consisted of blackberries or whatever else we could scrounge on our adventures.

.... a rotary dial phone?
.... a TV that didn't come with a remote?

Just came back from a class reunion. Based on the look of a few of my classmates (and some of their reactions to me) I'm apparently getting old... :rolleyes:

Dude-

I remember having a black and white TV which could only pick up 3 channels. And we had an LP player (and yes-even an 8 track deck.)

Had both. When I was growing up we had one phone in the house and it was on a party-line. You had to listen for your unique ring to know if you needed to answer.

Our TV was black and white with a rotary dial. We also had to turn the antenna to tune-in the three network stations.

I remember taking a "bath" on the back porch of my grandparents house, in a washtub. They had chamber pots and an outhouse. In the winter time when the wind blew outside, you got chills from it ON THE INSIDE! ( old farmhouse ) We had to pull corn, pick beans, tomatoes, squash, cut okra, etc........You get the picture. As a kid, I hated it, but looking back those were good times (carefree) I miss 'em. The world is an evil place today.

The kids were the remote. Three stations and the Superstation on UHF. Black and white set w/rabbit ears.

Rotary phone with a cord that would almost reach the other side of the house. "Wireless" concept. The "one" phone was in the kitchen. No party lines, though.

Watching Walter Cronkite deliver the news every night. Praying that my uncle wouldn't be shot down over Vietnam.

Leaving on a Saturday morning and not coming home until the street lights came on. Lunch consisted of blackberries or whatever else we could scrounge on our adventures.

:phone:Party line on a big ole black rotary phone.

My first color TV was a flat colored piece of plastic that attached to TV screen.

Back
Top Bottom