• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is it legal to carry a gun at Ruby Falls?

lol... it's not that serious. Literally you'll either be asked to put your firearm in your vehicle or asked to leave the property. Nobody is going to walk up to you, lock you up, fine you, take your permit away... etc. geez.

If its not seen on you, then yeah, you are not going to have someone randomly pick you out of crowd and arrest you, fine you, etc. BUT if you use your firearm and even in a "justifiable means" on federal property with federal laws against it...it is "that serious" all of this sudden. Yes, you would be alive but have a lot of legal battles and potential loss of right to legally carry EVER again. So i rather know the laws and avoid places where i cannot carry legally. You asked who cares? Responsible gun owners should care. Do i agree with these federal laws? Of course not. Am i exempt from federal gun laws? Of course not. Do i want to avoid unecessary legal battles and felony charges. Of course. So all i was implying was know the laws and which ones carry weight with them. Just like you cant say "im gonna carry in the court house cuz concealed is concealed." or "i am gonna carry in ______(fill in blank with some place against federal law) cuz concealed means concealed." ruby falls apparently does not have any federal laws against it from another post in this thread. But if it did. I would choose to go elsewhere where i can legally protect me and my own. YMMV

From what Iversion found online it looks like RF, RC, Lookout Mountain are all OK. The aquarium and parts if Chattanooga are iffy with some strange city laws. Thanks for all the replys. My girlfriend woke up sick so it looks like the trip is postponed for now.

If its not seen on you, then yeah, you are not going to have someone randomly pick you out of crowd and arrest you, fine you, etc. BUT if you use your firearm and even in a "justifiable means" on federal property with federal laws against it...it is "that serious" all of this sudden. Yes, you would be alive but have a lot of legal battles and potential loss of right to legally carry EVER again. So i rather know the laws and avoid places where i cannot carry legally. You asked who cares? Responsible gun owners should care. Do i agree with these federal laws? Of course not. Am i exempt from federal gun laws? Of course not. Do i want to avoid unecessary legal battles and felony charges. Of course. So all i was implying was know the laws and which ones carry weight with them. Just like you cant say "im gonna carry in the court house cuz concealed is concealed." or "i am gonna carry in ______(fill in blank with some place against federal law) cuz concealed means concealed." ruby falls apparently does not have any federal laws against it from another post in this thread. But if it did. I would choose to go elsewhere where i can legally protect me and my own. YMMV

Hah! Federal laws are not mandatory! You must not see enough mainstream media. These days we get to pick and choose what federal laws to follow. For instance, take immigration, marijuana, gun running to Mexico... the list goes on and on. Just tell the arresting authorities that federal laws are no longer the law of the land or mandatory and a quick google search will give you plenty of information to back it up. On the other hand the federal income tax is the law I want to ignore, but my balls are to small at the moment to make that stand and not comply.

Back
Top Bottom