• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jury clears man charged with making illegal silencers

"There’s no book they go to, there is no peer review, if they look at it and they determine it’s either a suppressor or a part of a firearm suppressor that’s the determination. They have given 11 people a lot of power”

This is the scary part. They're allowed to make it up as they go along.

While I am glad of the decision this was most likely a pyhrric victory for the defendant. I wonder how much his court costs were and how his business is faring after spending that much money. I doubt he has heard the last from the atf. They don't like getting egg on their face. The atf should have to reimburse him for the cost of his defense out of their budget. Maybe then they would think twice about lawsuits like this. Maybe we should all buy a muzzle break from him to help him get back on his feet if he is struggling after this.

While I am glad of the decision this was most likely a pyhrric victory for the defendant. I wonder how much his court costs were and how his business is faring after spending that much money. I doubt he has heard the last from the atf. They don't like getting egg on their face. The atf should have to reimburse him for the cost of his defense out of their budget. Maybe then they would think twice about lawsuits like this. Maybe we should all buy a muzzle break from him to help him get back on his feet if he is struggling after this.
I agree that they should have to pay all his legal fees, but I doubt that they would lose any sleep over the money. After all, they got it for free from the tax payers.

"There’s no book they go to, there is no peer review, if they look at it and they determine it’s either a suppressor or a part of a firearm suppressor that’s the determination. They have given 11 people a lot of power”

This is the scary part. They're allowed to make it up as they go along.

Yep, it circumvents the judicial process via unelected bureaucrats deciding/"interpreting" on the restriction and prohibition rules for the right to not be infringed...

I am happy he was cleared but it does illustrate the power of the Imperial Federal Government to decide when you have violated their rules (not the law).

Too damn much power in the Federal G.

I've had personal dealings with the ATF. I think they hire the folks that McDonalds doesn't hire.
Very unprofessional and always have excuses for their lameness.

Back
Top Bottom