• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Keltec problem

mvelrod

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
I just purchased a new Keltec PF-9 to keep in my vehicle so if it were stolen I wouldnt be out a fortune. Ive heard good things about them but when I went to try it out, it jammed about every other round.I tried cheap and premium ammo with the same affect. It looks to me like the spent casing will not eject due to the next round being chambered is blocking it. Im not sure if thats the problem or not but after 4 or 5 clips being shot through it with no change, I am trying to narrow down the problem. I keep a firm grip and have had no problems with any of my other pistols. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Break it down & clean all the factory gunk out of it . Use some Rem oil or something to lube it up .

I've had a few firearms jam up when they were new . No problems after cleaning .

Good luck .

I think the problem is your using clips
^thats helpful :rolleyes:

Is it a brand new pistol? Keltec's are fairly reliable and you shouldn't be having that kind of repetitive malfunctions with them. Stupid question but, have you cleaned and lubed it?

I had the same problem with one I had that was new. The other one I had was used and the previous owner had found a video on Youtube for a "fluff and buff" and treated the gun to it. It was perfectly reliable. I ended up getting rid of them both though because Kel Tecs corrosion resistace sucks. I put a PF9 in my truck and less than 2 weeks later it was starting to rust. My truck is NOT an old beater with no weather stripping either so it should have been fine.

I finally ended up investing in a car safe and put a Glock in it. I feel so much better now.

Break it down & clean all the factory gunk out of it . Use some Rem oil or something to lube it up .

I've had a few firearms jam up when they were new . No problems after cleaning .

Good luck .

^^^^This, also it will loosen up and perform better with use...but they do not like "open" hollow points (or at least mine doesn't)

I've owned a pile of Kel Tec pistols and a few of their carbines too. The only trouble that I've ever had was with one of the PF 9's. I made a phone call to them, and they took care of it. It functioned fine when I got it back. You have to hold on to one of those. If you limp wrist it, and it doesn't jump from your hand, it'll likely not function properly.

I love Kel Tec products. I carry a very reliable P3AT every day. The PF 9 is just a bit too large for me to use as a pocket pistol. I stayed with the P3AT for pocket use, and went with a higher capacity M&P and Subcompact XD for holstered use.

The good thing is, if it does require service, Kel Tec won't give you a load of crap about fixing it. The woman I spoke with was very apologetic for my difficulties and assured me it would be right when I got it back. She was right.

Had the same problem. I would have Failure to Extracts every other round. I cleaned it, still did it. Called kel tec and they sent me a new extractor and all that. had it replaced, still did it. was told the screw was to tight, so i loosened it the exact amount they told me to, still did it. now its at kel tec and im done with the company. only things i may buy one day are the pmr 30 just because i love 22 mags and a ksg but that will be atleast a decade away. they had great customer service but this is the second bad pistol iv gotten from them and had to send back.

Had the same problem. I would have Failure to Extracts every other round. I cleaned it, still did it. Called kel tec and they sent me a new extractor and all that. had it replaced, still did it. was told the screw was to tight, so i loosened it the exact amount they told me to, still did it. now its at kel tec and im done with the company. only things i may buy one day are the pmr 30 just because i love 22 mags and a ksg but that will be atleast a decade away. they had great customer service but this is the second bad pistol iv gotten from them and had to send back.

I had this exact problem and result(PF9)....Kel-Tec's may be cheap but there CS is really great...the other problem was the mag kept popping out when fireing. That was the deal killer for me. Traded it away......My problems started after 200+ rounds

Back
Top Bottom