• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Keltec problem

Mine did it right from the box. Yea, I always disassemble and clean any new firearm before firing it. Mine was bought around Thanksgiving 2010, I think? The years run together now. I think they have some issue with some of these extractors, ejection fitting or a sub contractor with QC issues.

It certainly hasn't soured me on the KT brand though. If it's gonna fail, right out of the box is what I want. I've owned several since then without issue. I let a friend talk me out of one the Glock mag based carbines that was nothing short of a blast to shoot. I was shocked at just how good anything that folds up when your done with it could shoot.

I offered him a $50.00 profit for it back. He just smiled and said, they make more, don't they?

Most of the men that work at my office carry the P3AT. They shot mine, and had to get them one. I know it's disappointing to get something new and have trouble with it. They will make it right though. This happens with any company. It's how they take care of the customers when it does that makes all the difference.

I recently had to send a new Smith & Wesson 686+ back for repair. The cylinder to barrel gap was non existent. So when you fired it as the revolver heated, the metal would expand a bit and the cylinder would bind against the barrel. Smith was of course great. They had it back to me within about 10 days.

When you trade and buy as many as I do, it just happens. Keep us posted. Be sure to let them know how much good stuff you've been told about their customer service, and how you know they'll take care of you! Yea, I know, but I've learned that many times you tend to get out of folks just what you put in. CD

Thanks CD. Your exactly right. I had a P3at and loved it. Wished I had never got rid of it. Im gonna Clean it up and try again. If it doesnt work im sure they will make it good. Good Customer Service means alot when issues come along. If people back their products im willing to have alittle patience. Thanks man.

Last edited:
Never had a problem with either my P3at at 500+ rds or either of my Sub2000s at 5000+ and 1000+. They serve a purpose at a reasonable price. IMHO

Ejector spring. Could be the problem. Mine did the same thing. Called Keltec and the sent me a new one no more problems. They said the original one was not tempered correctly.

Back
Top Bottom