• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Land - recreational - investment

I looked at a 130 acre tract today. Near Alabama (Heard County). Nice parcel two great ponds / lakes.
SPectacular building and well, etc.

My kingdom for a time machine when land was relatively cheap in West GA.

It turns out to be a couple we knew way back when who own it and hes likely losing $$ on it.

Too rich for me but dang I wnat some land!

In for whining obviously (LOL)

In general north ga land is going for pretty good prices now. Neighborhood of 4k per acre versus 15k in 2008 in large tracts for 40 plus acres. If it has trout streams and waterfalls, it will bring more. If he bought 8 to 10 years ago, your friend may well be way down. In the '60's you could buy land in Cobb county for 500 to 600 an acre or less. It doubled in 4 or 5 years, then in the 70's it was about 5k per acre. What is it now, 100k plus an acre. I think now is a good time to buy land. You can't go wrong buying now if you do your homework and find out the value of the land you want.

I have a contract finally on some land this week. Thanks I think I will enjoy!

I am sure you will enjoy it. Check with your county tax assessors and see if you can't put it in a land conservation program even if its all wooded to lower your taxes considerably.

Thanks mtnsmith mtnsmith I have closed yet and I am thinking pole barn, tractor, four wheeler . The boss is thinking , Gman your an idiot.

I may have a tractor for sale in a couple of months. A 1964 Ford 4000 with a scrape blade. Pic taken right after clean up and paint 5 or 6 years ago. Just a little dirty now. Right rear tire not as good as left, one new front mounted and one to mount, new muffler, rebuilt starter 2 months ago.

blade.
002.JPG

I may have a tractor for sale in a couple of months. A 1964 Ford 4000 with a scrape blade. Pic taken right after clean up and paint 5 or 6 years ago. Just a little dirty now. Right rear tire not as good as left, one new front mounted and one to mount, new muffler, rebuilt starter 2 months ago.

blade.View attachment 1268993
TRACTOR PULL

Back
Top Bottom