• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Leather Holsters a Thing of the Past ?

Except it’s not involved or frustrating, and is safer.
Obviously, we disagree. I was offering my opinion from real world experience. You obviously hold a different perspective from your own experiences.

If anyone ever decides they’d like to experiment and see which they’d prefer, I own both and would be happy to bring both to any of the upcoming classes around north Georgia I’ll be at. Anyone attending can compare and see for themselves. I don’t sell holsters and don’t really care what other people do.

My gun comes on and off just as fast as a regular holster, except u like traditional holsters, my trigger is covered and protected while putting the gun on or taking it off.

The only time it takes longer is if I drew my weapon, and then it’s only a couple extra seconds while I reach down and pull off my holster, snap it back on the gun, and then back in my pants it goes.

Not only that, but this is FAR safer since I can load and unload my firearm without ever having the trigger exposed.

View attachment 4522113
I use this same method with my IWB JM4 magnetic.
I always re-holster by just lifting the magnetic ear and pull the holster out...drop in the weapon....and slide it right back inside my waistband.
That takes holstering mishaps totally out of the picture when you mind where your muzzle is pointing during the holstering process.

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!

I've spent $300 on leather holsters THIS YEAR. Zero on Kydex.

Granted, that's only two holsters, but leather is still the king. Rosen/Sparks/Kramer. Until you've used those, you won't really know what leather can do. I'm a Rosen ARG fan, personally, but own from all.

Pocket Concealment Systems, for pocket carry, too.

Maybe if you're really skinny, you can get by without getting hurt by Kydex IWB... but that doesn't describe me.

I run leather for wheelguns and kydex for semis most of the time. I have a few nice leather OWB 1911 holsters that get me to bend that rule from time to time though.

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Granted, that's only two holsters, but leather is still the king. Rosen/Sparks/Kramer. Until you've used those, you won't really know what leather can do. I'm a Rosen ARG fan, personally, but own from all.

Maybe if you're really skinny, you can get by without getting hurt by Kydex IWB... but that doesn't describe me.

I'm 5'8", 147lbs. Have two Kydex IWB somewhere in the garage...
Hand crafted leather has worked for me, for past 15 years.

Attachments

• 20220721_213830.jpg
    20220721_213830.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 7
Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!

100% not skinny

Back
Top Bottom