• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Leaving my gun in my car. Advice needed.

I wouldn't worry about the ammo cooking off. They will take a lot more than what you think. Swap your rounds out every other month. Locking sidearm in glove box, no bad idea, thiefs would look there. Keep several old McDonald's bags, Burger King, Wendy's bags with old burger wrapping put you pistol in there, thiefs don't look in garbage bags, just keep several there.
Swap your rounds out? I haven't swapped my rounds in 20+ years.

Swap your rounds out? I haven't swapped my rounds in 20+ years.
I shoot once every other week and swapem out.
But seriously if you constantly rack the same round in your pistol you push the bullet back in the case, and increase pressure. It's a good idea to shoot the rounds you carry every other month.

I shoot once every other week and swapem out.
But seriously if you constantly rack the same round in your pistol you push the bullet back in the case, and increase pressure. It's a good idea to shoot the rounds you carry every other month.
I haven't touched my guns in 20+ years how do I tell if they still work?!!!

What make/model/color of car do you drive and where do you usually park? It makes a difference in how you should store it.

If he's at Piedmont on Peachtree and Collier, its pretty safe during the day. Lots of people around, coming and going to the Hospital.

I live in that neighborhood.

The only crime that I know of has been at night.

You think it will be safe to shoot?

Rusty-Gun.jpg

Aren't you allowed to carry a backpack? Do you have a locker? A backpack with a good interior pocket works fine. No one will ever know if you carry it in and place it in your locker. Assuming you have a locker, of course.

If not, bring a smaller gun and wear it on your ankle.
I wouldn't worry about the ammo cooking off. They will take a lot more than what you think. Swap your rounds out every other month. Locking sidearm in glove box, no bad idea, thiefs would look there. Keep several old McDonald's bags, Burger King, Wendy's bags with old burger wrapping put you pistol in there, thiefs don't look in garbage bags, just keep several there.
You know what...I ended up entering the wonderful world of pocket carry. Since then it has been a lot of mental ease. I hated being separated from my weapon, and hated worrying about it ending up in the hands of some scumbag.

Back
Top Bottom