• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a handgun. Need help.

3rd Generation S&W semi-autos are phenomenal pistols. Reliable and accurate. Something like the 6906.

View attachment 1658811

It would seem like you are looking for a Smith & Wesson Model 915, 5903, 411 or 4003--All EXCELLENT Pistols--If you're interested, I know where there's a pretty nice 5903 layin' around...

I am convinced (without doing any real research) S&W moved away from the Gen 3 style pistols simply because they were too expensive to produce. With that in mind, I think there are great deals to be had on them these days. What's wrong with this pistol? It's slightly heavier and it's more expensive to produce than a polymer-framed pistol.

I am convinced (without doing any real research) S&W moved away from the Gen 3 style pistols simply because they were too expensive to produce. With that in mind, I think there are great deals to be had on them these days. What's wrong with this pistol? It's slightly heavier and it's more expensive to produce than a polymer-framed pistol.

That’s most of the reason right there. Also easier to use a striker-fired handgun than a DA/SA. Not that a DA/SA can’t be run well, it’s just that it takes more time/training/money to become proficient with one. Not only do you have 2 very different trigger pulls to master, you have to be able to switch from one to another, and you also have to remember to decock when you’re done (you’d be amazed how often folks forget that one).

From an LE standpoint, most cops aren’t gun folks and don’t wanna be. For the majority of cops, a handgun is needed that is as easy to use as possible. Only handgun easier to operate than most striker-fired handguns is a DAO revolver, which cost more than a standard Glock.

Reactions: GFB
asking a group that cant agree on any one thing..shoot many find what YOU like and compromise on reliability vs.weight, brand vs cost,time invested on learning pistol,buy many pistols ,sell what you dont like for what you think you need,wind up here talking about it!

Back
Top Bottom