• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a place to shoot.

David 2/3

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
Hey all! I've just moved to North Forsyth. I'm looking for somewhere I can shoot outdoors up to 100 yards, possibly further. I've looked up wma's but the one I think is closest (wilson shoals) is closed until early 2019. Is there anyone on here that has property that allows people to come and shoot? Is there an outdoor range that I may not know about? All help is appreciated. Thanks for the read!

River Bend Gun Club. It might be a little drive but well worth it. It has every type of shooting stage you can imagine. From handgun Plates to knock down, shotgun venue, ranges from 100 to 600 yards, a plinking range for 22 to shoot your own favorite targets ( except glass, no glass ) and a archery range. It shouldn't be to far to drive from you. It's at the south end of Dawsonville. I live in Acworth and it's a 45 minute drive for me but it's worth every dime to join and yearly dues are nothing for what you are getting.

River Bend Gun Club. It might be a little drive but well worth it. It has every type of shooting stage you can imagine. From handgun Plates to knock down, shotgun venue, ranges from 100 to 600 yards, a plinking range for 22 to shoot your own favorite targets ( except glass, no glass ) and a archery range. It shouldn't be to far to drive from you. It's at the south end of Dawsonville. I live in Acworth and it's a 45 minute drive for me but it's worth every dime to join and yearly dues are nothing for what you are getting.
I went by there and took the tour. It's a VERY nice place but honestly the $900 enrollment is more than I can afford to spend at the moment. As well as the fact that a single guest can only come with you 3 times in your membership lifetime. I would like to bring my father often if I had a membership there.

I just looked it up. It's 33 miles from downtown Dawsonville to River Bend Gun Club. Not bad at all for a ultra safe, well monitored range that you don't have to worry about some A HOLE rapping off rounds while you are hanging targets. You have to go through a 2 hour class on range etiquite and club rules and regulations but you know exaclty what's expected of you and so does the guy next to you.

They are a good bunch of country folk that run the place. They will make exceptions in some cases. I am sure they would work something out for you. Join at the end of the year. They pro rate the initiation fee based on the year. It's cheaper at the end of the year. Keep that in mind. The year end June 30. That's when the dues are expected. If your father is the only relative that shoots with you I am pretty sure he could be quailified as a family member as long as you are there. Don't quote me on that but it's just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom