• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for another dog

Most reputable breeders have clauses in their contracts that state they will take the dog back and find it a good home.

We bred one litter, and we put that in the contract. Guaranteed health, promised to dog back at any time. Didn't get one request. Too bad because the pup we kept died prematurely.

We bred one litter, and we put that in the contract. Guaranteed health, promised to dog back at any time. Didn't get one request. Too bad because the pup we kept died prematurely.

We had the same clause in our contracts for the English Bulldog we bred. We went to great lengths finding excellent homes and did not just sell our dogs to anyone. The cost of the dogs does two things; 1. It helps the breeder defer the costs of breeding the dog and having the puppies and caring for the dog and pups until they are old enough to go to new homes usually at 10wks. 2. Someone willing to pay $1500 or more for a pure bred dog will typically take care of the animal and can afford to give it a good home and keep it healthy. We never had any of our dogs come back but would gladly have taken them back instead of have them placed on FB, Craigslist or taken to Animal Control. Another source for a quality pure bred dog with history is a breeder looking to retire dogs from breeding and that need good homes.

Does anyone know of any German shepard, Belgium malinois, Tervuren, Belgium shepard, Dutch shepard, Groenendael, or anything of that family pups available? Maybe Rottweiler, cane corso, mastiff, or olde southern bulldog. Our malinois recently passed away and I'm just lost without him.

Yes, I know, look at the pound. It's an option I'm looking at as well. I'm not concerned about papers or anything like that. I'm not looking to breed it. I just need another friend to love.
I know I’m a little late for this but this is awesome man. Always cool to see people looking for friends in the right places. Plenty out there that deserve an owner and won’t ever have it. Doing the same right now myself.

Back
Top Bottom