Mini Draco Finally Arrived!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spamcastle

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
339   0
Reaction score
My Mini Draco finally arrived! Met another member today and picked up a sweet 75 round drum. Can't wait to take this little lady to the range tonight and break her in.

With 75 Round Drum
[Broken External Image]:

With Standard 30 Round Magazine
[Broken External Image]:

Size Comparison versus standard full stock AK47
[Broken External Image]:

Yes, it is considered a pistol.

She shoots pretty darn good. She's loud and spits a fair amount of fire. It's all most impossible to try to use the sights, unless you want it to bust you in the face. It's all hip fire and move to correct for accuracy.

However, it took exactly 97 rounds before the screw holding the hand guard on actually broke. The hand guard came loose and I had to get the smith at the range to pull out the remaining piece that was stuck in the front of the gun. I read that this was a problem but didn't expect it so soon.

[Broken External Image]:

Despite the abrupt end to my play time I anticipate this being the best range toy Ive had so far.

You can use a single point sling and safely shoot while using the sights. Remove the pistol grip and put a loop of paracord around the grip bolt. Reinstall the pistol grip, leaving a small loop sticking out the rear, between the upper portion of the grip and the receiver. Attach a single point sling. With the pistol slung across your chest, push forward against the sling into a natural firing stance. Since you are already pushing forward, you absorb the recoil without the pistol busting your nose.

I've owned a full size Draco for over a year and use this technique. During slow fire, it is very stable and allows you to use the sights. During rapid fire, the pistol bounces around and is slower on follow up shots than a standard rifle stock.

Instead of the paracord, I use a Jones Tactical single point sling. I melted a hole thru the webbing to allow the grip bolt the run thru.

There is a whole section at ARFCOM dedicated to AK pistols, with lots of pictures and front handguard options.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_4/98_AK_Pistols.html

i260.photobucket.com_albums_ii1_blackplague138_003_4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom