• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help with UTV knowledge

One other possibility: A used golf cart. I have a plain-jane 2007 Yamaha 48v, bought used in 2011. Added a hitch, LED flood lights, and a truck rear window rifle rack to the front pillars for carrying yard tools (string trimmer, rakes, shovels, etc.). Replaced the batteries a few years ago, and it's had one shop trip for a new computer control module. We use it for pretty much everything. We tow trailers with it all the time; lots of torque. We're mostly limited to trails in the woods, but if we wanted to off road with it, I would lift it and upgrade the tires. I've probably got a grand total of $3500 in it, so it's more economical than a UTV.

One other possibility: A used golf cart. I have a plain-jane 2007 Yamaha 48v, bought used in 2011. Added a hitch, LED flood lights, and a truck rear window rifle rack to the front pillars for carrying yard tools (string trimmer, rakes, shovels, etc.). Replaced the batteries a few years ago, and it's had one shop trip for a new computer control module. We use it for pretty much everything. We tow trailers with it all the time; lots of torque. We're mostly limited to trails in the woods, but if we wanted to off road with it, I would lift it and upgrade the tires. I've probably got a grand total of $3500 in it, so it's more economical than a UTV.

Yes, for light off-roading. Here's mine: 72V, 14 inch wheels, 23 inch off-road tires, 6 inch lift, brush guard.
cart1.png

I bought one new five years ago and loved it. Had 800 hours and sold for $6000 and bought another one just like it for $9800, can not beat that for a upgrade. Never did anything but change the oils. Been everywhere, up and down creek beds, climbs any grade, and never thought about it over turning. They will fit in a pickup truck for hauling. The hydrosrtatic trans makes down grades very safe with no need to apply breaks, just let off of gas and the transmission will slow everything down and prevent any acceleration. Just a great machine. Never even replaced the full size battery.

I’ve owened a Polaris Razor 800 several Polaris Rangers 800,Kawasaki teryx 4 800,Yamaha yzf 1000. The Mules ride like a pogo stick and are terrible in mud. Teryx 4 ran great an rides like a Cadillac. The Rangers are hard to beat for money stay away from the 570 and yes power steering is a plus
Also don’t buy into all the hype of buying out of state I’ve got same deals here just pay in cash!

What’s your gripe with the 570? Mines not a speedster, but has plenty of torque and has been perfect thus far. I read a good bit of positive things about them.

Back
Top Bottom