• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need scope advice

Why not another vx5? Assuming you’re happy with it. I would be willing to go somewhat cheap on a Georgia hunting rifle scope but would probably splurge if I thought out West was in the cards. I’ve been happy with Leupold, Swarovski, Zeiss, and Meopta. I would like to get a Tract scope to try them out.

Why not another vx5? Assuming you’re happy with it. I would be willing to go somewhat cheap on a Georgia hunting rifle scope but would probably splurge if I thought out West was in the cards. I’ve been happy with Leupold, Swarovski, Zeiss, and Meopta. I would like to get a Tract scope to try them out.
In your opinion, how does Leupold compare to German optics?

Reactions: GFB
You’re right. I’ve never had an issue with Leupold and will stay with them. I hate to spend the money on another VX5 though for a caliber I won’t shoot much. That’s the only reason I was looking at the cheaper versions.

I have picked up a couple of these lately. There is tax but ships free! jpm2953 jpm2953

I love Zeiss, have a pair of binoculars that are amazing. But I’m trying to stay with 1” tube since I’ve already got several pairs of rings in all heights

I have a Rem 700 Sendero and need a scope. I spoke with a very helpful Leupold rep and she has almost convinced me that the VX Freedom 4-12x40 is the way to go. She said it is almost identical to the VX3HD (minus the CDS that I don’t have to have) and will definitely handle my 300 weatherby mag recoil. And has the exact same lifetime warranty as every other Leupold. Advice?
Optics planet has some " Blazing Deals " as they put it on higher dollar Vortex Viper scopes. Some models up to 50% off. I saw a 6-20×60 ( it was either 55 or 60 ) with a 34 mm tube for just under 600 bucks. They are running some stupid cheap deals on Vortex scopes.

I know people complain about them but yesterday I just ordered a Lantac 308 nitride BCG and paid 12 bucks for priority shipping and it will be here Wednesday. Slow shipping is their Achilles heel so I just paid 12 bucks to get it sent quick. If you go with the free shipping it takes a good bit of time. I've only had one bad experience with them as far as shipping delay but other than that everything else has been pretty much on par.

The scope I listed first is just an example they've got a bunch of different scopes with different powers and really terrific prices on them plus the vortex has a lifetime warranty so you can't go wrong with that. Just thought I would throw that out there but I'm in no means a scope expert.

Optics planet has some " Blazing Deals " as they put it on higher dollar Vortex Viper scopes. Some models up to 50% off. I saw a 6-20×60 ( it was either 55 or 60 ) with a 34 mm tube for just under 600 bucks. They are running some stupid cheap deals on Vortex scopes.

I know people complain about them but yesterday I just ordered a Lantac 308 nitride BCG and paid 12 bucks for priority shipping and it will be here Wednesday. Slow shipping is their Achilles heel so I just paid 12 bucks to get it sent quick. If you go with the free shipping it takes a good bit of time. I've only had one bad experience with them as far as shipping delay but other than that everything else has been pretty much on par.

The scope I listed first is just an example they've got a bunch of different scopes with different powers and really terrific prices on them plus the vortex has a lifetime warranty so you can't go wrong with that. Just thought I would throw that out there but I'm in no means a scope expert.
Thank you! I have actually ordered several from optics planet and never had an issue, other than the slower processing and shipping you mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom