• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

NetFlix tip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logic it any way you like. If you think being morally responsible is emotional and hasing feelz, then there’s really nothing to discuss.

What this really boils down to is you’ve been forbidden by a company to do something, you’ve found a work around and have rationalized it as being their fault for not defeating your method of breaking the agreement you made when you rent their service.

Still waiting... I hope the cricket streaming isn't illegal. :wacko:

You claimed it was some violation of international law. I wasn't sure so I checked, and you were also wrong on that account. The only place banning VPN use is China. Yes you can't use your VPN to download and steal pirated content. That is very clear. But there is no law against streaming PAID content with a VPN, and nor should there be. But you keep falsely calling it illegal. And please show me this law. I've been waiting for that also...

And no I have never once used the "Netflix didn't stop me argument" so quit putting words in my mouth. I said Netflix could easily address the issue IF THEY WANTED TO DO SO.

That post needed more feelz btw...
I have NEVER said using a VPN is illegal. You seem fixated on that.

I am talking about copyright law, the law you are breaking and advocating for others to break because Netflix doesn’t tell you not too.

Forget about the VPN. Accessing content you do not have the rights to stream is illegal in the US.

I have NEVER said using a VPN is illegal. You seem fixated on that.

I am talking about copyright law, the law you are breaking and advocating for others to break because Netflix doesn’t tell you not too.

Forget about the VPN. Accessing content you do not have the rights to stream is illegal in the US.

And I never said you did.. You just won't read what I'm writing, or maybe it's a comprehension issue... :confused2: You keep making stuff up because of your feelz...

And since you won't take the time to read the links I give you, let me help you out below. There is no law in the US, and there is no international law as you falsely claimed. Below is just ONE example using Australia that refutes your incorrect assertion that it was a violation of international law... I have given you other examples, but I'm trying to make this as s-i-m-p-l-e as possible for you.

"The Copyright Act does not make it illegal to use a VPN to access overseas content. While content providers often have in place international commercial arrangements to protect copyright in different countries or regions, which can result in ‘geoblocking’, circumventing this is not illegal under the Copyright Act."

It appears the only way batoncolle batoncolle could view US content would be to disable his VPN. As it stands now, just using the VPN exposes him to EU content. So yeah, what should he do about that? Disable his VPN each time he wants to use Netflix? I guess, but that's kind of jacked up.

I'm old school and also get Blu-Rays delivered. They have my delivery address. They also have a billing zip for the account, so yes, they know which country you reside in. They could easily restrict it by your billing zip code.

Logic it any way you like. If you think being morally responsible is emotional and hasing feelz, then there’s really nothing to discuss.

What this really boils down to is you’ve been forbidden by a company to do something, you’ve found a work around and have rationalized it as being their fault for not defeating your method of breaking the agreement you made when you rent their service.

Still waiting. I hope Trebek doesn't come after me...

It appears the only way batoncolle batoncolle could view US content would be to disable his VPN. As it stands now, just using the VPN exposes him to EU content. So yeah, what should he do about that? Disable his VPN each time he wants to use Netflix? I guess, but that's kind of jacked up.

I'm old school and also get Blu-Rays delivered. They have my delivery address. They also have a billing zip for the account, so yes, they know which country you reside in. They could easily restrict it by your billing zip code.

Yep they could very easily restrict this and still allow people to use their VPN. People use VPNs for security purposes. Not everyone is a criminal. Well except in never never land where people make up laws and fake company policies. Damn! Is it ok to use never never land.... :doh:

Netflix should NEVER have to deal with this. They are not a law enforcement organization.

It is not Netflix’s responsibility to keep their customers from becoming criminals.

That is your own personal responsibility!
While we're on the subject, can anyone tell me why DVDs are Region-locked? Many times, the exact same (identical) DVD is locked by region (country) and can't be played in a DVD player from another region. That never made sense to me. Maybe if that particular title wasn't released worldwide, but many times they are!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

While we're on the subject, can anyone tell me why DVDs are Region-locked? Many times, the exact same (identical) DVD is locked by region (country) and can't be played in a DVD player from another region. That never made sense to me. Maybe if that particular title wasn't released worldwide, but many times they are!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Careful now. You might end up with some more fake laws... https://www.lifewire.com/dvd-region-codes-1845720 It's actually very similar to the netflix issue.

Still waiting. I hope Trebek doesn't come after me...

What are you waiting on? I forgot with all the drama of all your emotional angst that no one will agree with you.

You’ve already gone through all the mental gymnastics to rationalize that what you’re doing it ok. Nothing anyone will say will change your mind, so why not drop the facade that you’re trying to participate in a discussion?

If you’re trying to prove me wrong then just go ahead and tell yourself that you’ve done so. That shouldn’t be too much of a logical leap for you at this point give your super power of rationalizing away any morality.

Here’s the point where you read this and jump right back in to get in the last word and put me in my place. So you just do you and have fun with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom