• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Never mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of good information in this thread. When my 2 cycle tools die I'm going battery powered. Battery tools have greatly improved over the years. I had the first gen Ryobi limb saw and blower. It worked great except the batteries ran down fast and eventually would not hold a charge. This surprised me because I had been using Makita professional battery tools at work since the mid 90s and they still work. When I upgraded to Milwaukee I passed them on to the noobs at the shop.

First one I purchased for hunting camp and still have is the Kobalt 40v Pole saw. It has the 8inch chain saw and 10ft reach..Amazing how big a limb it will cut.

I have an older Black and Decker pole saw. It's been amazing. Unfortunately it's so old that I can't replace the old used up batteries for it. Modern day battery tech is amazing and I've more and more learned to not tell myself "can't be as good as a gas".

For what it is worth, I have a small Dewalt chainsaw I keep in my work trailer. It is perfect for small things.
I own TWO Stihl gas powered saws for everything else.
Battery power has it's place but not for big trees or often cutting.

I recently purchased a DeWalt 20v limb saw (since I've already got the 20v drill, circular saw, etc), and man, that thing does the job! VERY impressed. I went battery powered because, no more than I'm gonna use it, I was afraid a two stroke engine would give trouble over time from sitting unused.

I'm going to be phasing out my gas powered stuff as they die off and going battery from here on out. The performance is there, and it's a lot less hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom