• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New CZ striker fired P10C

What is the advantage of the slide inside the frame?

Lowers the actual barrel bore so recoil is more rearward and significantly reduces muzzle jump is the primary thing.
personally I have no problem grabbing the slide to manually rack it , but then again as I have never had a malfunction that required clearance that's not a problem either, some people seem to have a problem racking the slides on slide in frame designs.
course some people have a problem racking the slide on any semi auto as well.

Lowers the actual barrel bore so recoil is more rearward and significantly reduces muzzle jump is the primary thing.
personally I have no problem grabbing the slide to manually rack it , but then again as I have never had a malfunction that required clearance that's not a problem either, some people seem to have a problem racking the slides on slide in frame designs.
Taller sights. Problem solved.

Standing at a gunshop counter... one can come up with dozens of potential "issues"... but in the heat of the moment and with adrenaline on-tap... many of these issues quickly vanish. Grip it and rip it.

Clearing a malfunction on a CZ "slide-in-frame" design is a non-issue.

I would definitely test one before buying, I owned a P238 several years ago and it was a great gun, but got rid of it only because it was the only .380 that I had. Have not shot a 938

I have the Sig 238 and its been a Gem, I have a neighbor and know a few others that own the Sig 938 as well. Personally I shot the 938 as well as my 238. the 938 is just enough larger that it doesn't make a good pocket gun for me so I remain with the 238.
a few things that I have noticed is that several owners of the 938 seem to have problems with function with anything except 147 grain ammo?
I also noticed that several of these owners didn't seem to be real familiar with firing a really small gun, especially in 9 MM.
you got to get hold of those suckers and try to squeeze them to death or any micro semi auto can have function problems.
I have likely ran 60-100 rounds of ammo through several different 938 and never had a function problem with any myself.

I saw that CZ's slide is significantly lower than my Sigs, would like to test drive a couple of CZ's for a comparison

Nope, personally I don't care for taller sights, first unless you match front and rear then accuracy POA-POI is going to change and secondly I don't need anything to add to a snag problem.
but to each their own, If someone can't rack a slide then I suggest they move to a revolver or try some of the many methods of doing this
many times its just a matter of knowing how and being shown how to do it..

Don't get me wrong, the P938 is a very nice gun....rock solid & quality through & through. Maybe it was just me. I tried 115, 124, 135 & 147 grain rounds and couldn't narrow groups at 7 yards. Vs a Glock 43 that did it, no problem.
Damn - talking myself into another gun!! If I got the 43, I might get rid of the LCP....but I do like the pocket 380. The P238 is a very nice one, but I'm wondering if I could shoot any better with it.
Now - Where were we on the P-10 C? End of the Month, February? (Gun money burning a hole in my pocket)

I shot my buddies 938 at the range recently side by side with a g43. 43 felt better and shot better imo.

Back
Top Bottom