• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New pistol broken and dealer is........

Well, let's see how long you stay in business when you do not take care of your customers. Doing the right thing or going that extra mile makes all the difference in the world in the eyes of customers.

The flip side of that coin is lets see how long you stay in business when you cater to every customers demands. Heres whats wrong with the LGS working on that gun: 1) Manufacturer could void the warranty due to unauthorized repairs. 2) If the problem comes back guess who is going to be expected to fix it every time? The LGS. Hes become married to that customer and not in the way he should be. Do you know why most LGS have smiths? To make extra money. Now you can't make extra money because you have to tinker with a new gun whose responsibility to fix isnt yours but the manufacturers.

Can't have it both ways. Can't want everything done for you and expect LGS to keep the doors open.

But a dealer that will go the extra mile regardless of what the norm is or legal is will always be better in the customers eyes. And when all is said and done the customer is the one who keeps all business owners afloat.

But a dealer that will go the extra mile regardless of what the norm is or legal is will always be better in the customers eyes. And when all is said and done the customer is the one who keeps all business owners afloat.

You can't guarantee that. And that still doesnt address the issue of voided warranty.

I understand the warranty business, but the gun shop who will send the gun in for you and handle the associated paperwork and hassle is the one who is willing to go above and beyond for their customers instead of saying you bought it, it is your problem.

Call ruger. They will send you a box with a shipping label. You send to them, they send it back to your house.

Why are you making this complicated? The gun store would have to sell the one you exchanged as a used gun, if he just traded like you expect him to. Ruger rebarreled a rifle for me because it shot **** groups, it didn't cost me a dime for repair and shipping and only took two weeks.

I understand the warranty business, but the gun shop who will send the gun in for you and handle the associated paperwork and hassle is the one who is willing to go above and beyond for their customers instead of saying you bought it, it is your problem.

I just think its naive to have the gunshop do what is expected of the customer. It would be different if it was an implied practice for dealers to do but it isnt. I understood it to be a well known fact that when you have a problem you go to the manufacturer. And theres no paperwork, its not a transfer you contact the manufacturer and they issue you a shipping label. Thats it. Its more convenient for you to contact the manufacturer than the dealer.

I just think its naive to have the gunshop do what is expected of the customer. It would be different if it was an implied practice for dealers to do but it isnt. I understood it to be a well known fact that when you have a problem you go to the manufacturer. And theres no paperwork, its not a transfer you contact the manufacturer and they issue you a shipping label. Thats it. Its more convenient for you to contact the manufacturer than the dealer.

I had an issue with a S&W revolver, bought at AO. Got on my high horse, wasted a bunch of gas, time, finally got AO to send it in for me. Wasted more time and gas going to pick it up. Gun was still messed up, this time I called S&W directly, got it taken care of quickly, never paid a dime, never had to leave the house.

The easy way is to leave the LGS out of it, even if they're willing to "help".

Complicated!! Read my post, the dealer sends it in for you. Customer service that goes above and beyond. Some dealers are just to lazy to do it. Expected of customer, says who the gun shop owner. What about the customer's expectations?

Back
Top Bottom