• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New truck question...

Pro tip, go to enterprise and rent what you are thinking about buying for a week. You won't get the top of the line but what you will get is hands on real world driving with just the truck, no bells or whistles, just the truck. You'll know pretty fast which one you like. They all make good trucks, you just have to find the one that you like.

Even better pro tip. Go to the dealer and ask for a BCA (borrower car agreement).

I took my king ranch f250 for two weeks before I bought it. I took 3 different F-150s home for a weekend, one that I even pulled my camper all over NW GA with before buying my new F-150.....which was not one of the 3 I took home on BCAs.

Total cost to me, zero dollars.

The problem with all pickups today is they have tried to make them into a luxury car instead of a Truck In some P/u think u have to special order to get a straight shift

Do you mean stick shift? I don’t think any car company has made a straight shift since the 60s.

A real truck only has 2 doors....all that other stuff is just station wagons with big wheels.

df1d68da506a1c92ef76320440602ad8.jpg
Ha! Winner! Long live the regular cab truck.

What's the difference?
I just looked. I guess it is a regional thing. I had never heard a manual transmission called a straight shift unless it was one of the old 60s models that you actually shift in a straight line.

Outside of nostalgia why would someone want a manual transmission in a truck?

I can see it in a small sporty car but in a truck I can’t thing of a single advantage of a manual transmission.

I just looked. I guess it is a regional thing. I had never heard a manual transmission called a straight shift unless it was one of the old 60s models that you actually shift in a straight line.

Outside of nostalgia why would someone want a manual transmission in a truck?

I can see it in a small sporty car but in a truck I can’t thing of a single advantage of a manual transmission.
Granny Low !

Granny Low !

The new automatics have manual mode if for some reason you need to lock it in a low gear. They also have the ability to lock out the higher gears while still leaving it in automatic mode. As I said, I can think of no advantage to a manual transmission in a modern truck....and I say that as someone who loves manual transmissions.

Back
Top Bottom