• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Not over yet

There will certainly be universal background checks. There will also be a Hi-cap Mag ban. Andrea Mitchell an MSNBC personality said on Morning Joe that she did not think the administration was going after a weapons ban and that bills being introduced were on their own. I think they will get the background checks and the magazines first. Then later they will go for reclassifying what they consider assault weapons. They will make it mandatory and retroactive that they are all registered and taxed.
They are already making noise that it is your right to have a handgun or shotgun to defend your home with. Waiting for the argument to be made that the 2nd was put in place for defense against all who would do you harm criminal and tyrant.

I hope you're just playing dumb with that comment. You know exactly what I was saying.

Hey I dont play ..lol. Yes I know what you mean but if someone wants to find out where you live by public records then yes the dmv has that info. So your on some kind of list already, and who cares if your on the list of ppl who have a ccw that just shows me who not to **** with.. You gotta remember were in the south new yorkers are a different breed for lack of a better word..

Ok, so he's not backing down. So what? There still isn't enough support to pass any legislation at this point. I just love the political posturing, kinda like me standing on the opposite side of the fence from a lion and taunting it. Yeah, it makes me look like a big man until I decide to cross the fence.

I see it playing as the primary issue in the 2014 elections. The Republicans block a AWB now and are demonized in every way possible for it. The press will most definitely play along with that. They lose the House in 2014 and then no-holds-barred bans come down the pike with no one to stop them. By the time Obama leaves office in 2016 America is well along the way to being disarmed and he is loved by the rest of the world for it.

I see it playing as the primary issue in the 2014 elections. The Republicans block a AWB now and are demonized in every way possible for it. The press will most definitely play along with that. They lose the House in 2014 and then no-holds-barred bans come down the pike with no one to stop them. By the time Obama leaves office in 2016 America is well along the way to being disarmed and he is loved by the rest of the world for it.

Next stop, Secretary-General of the U.N.!

Ok, so he's not backing down. So what? There still isn't enough support to pass any legislation at this point. I just love the political posturing, kinda like me standing on the opposite side of the fence from a lion and taunting it. Yeah, it makes me look like a big man until I decide to cross the fence.

He might not even try for legislation. It was only Thursday that Biden mentioned Executive Orders to put gun control into place. I'm not saying it's the likely course, but it's certainly possible.

Yesterday, on Geraldo, I heard a lawyer (Jeffery Toobin) say that there is only so much that Obamy can do (legally) by executive order, such as strengthening background check or adding medical/psychiatric reviews to background check or limiting magazine capacity but nothing like confiscating weapons.

I'm not even sure he can use an executive order for limiting magazine capacity. He's walking a very thin line here and he knows it. I believe strengthening background checks and closing the so called gun show loop hole are about as far as he can go. I mean a president coming out and saying YOU SHALL NOT HAVE THIS BECAUSE I SAID SO IN YOUR BEST INTEREST will never fly. It would set such a horrible precedent even if he could legally do it.

Back
Top Bottom