• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Odd concealed carry encounter

I have about 4 different style of clothing I wear for CCW depending on environment. In the last few years I will wear either jeans or regular non "511" khakis when I don't want to be "made". The only time I wear shirts that give away the advantage that I might be carrying is when on the range, gunshows, or other places where there is strength in numbers or lots of like minded people.
There are also times that wearing 511 khaki's (with a big knifeclip hanging on the leftside pocket) , SWAT boots, 511 Polo shirt or similar, hair cut "high & tight", and a semi-permanent scowl on my face discouraging interaction w/ people I don't know sends a message for others to leave me alone.
I'm very confident that that type of outfit/ attitude/ posture saved me from having to shoot an "Alpha" male Hispanic gang member while on a job awhile back.

The wardrobe described above has become so ubiguitous w/ people who carry that I am confident that real bad guys profile that look often & "make" who is carrying or likely to be carrying. Of course the "average" person is oblivious. They look at your face whereas both experienced good guys & bad guys alike look at your hands & waistline.

There are times that I just want to be the "grey guy" that no one notices at all.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom