• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

*Official Georgia Bulldawg Thread*

Kirby is a defensive minded coach. I know the head coach answers to everything, but that terrible O line play out of players he didn't recruit isn't on him.

Kirby is a defensive minded coach. I know the head coach answers to everything, but that terrible O line play out of players he didn't recruit isn't on him.
I'm still hoping he will prove me wrong, but I still think the coach from Houston, who was interested in the job, would have been a better choice to replace Richt. But from what I understand, he had no chance unless Smart didnt want the job.

I'm still hoping he will prove me wrong, but I still think the coach from Houston, who was interested in the job, would have been a better choice to replace Richt. But from what I understand, he had no chance unless Smart didnt want the job.

Tom Herman is an up and comer that will land one of the great college jobs in the next couple years for sure. You're right though, didn't stand a chance over an alum that has been the D coordinator at the best team in the country for years.

Maybe if they would give them kids some of the millions they are making, they would play better.

Then make them pay for their education, so if it is closely looked at they are already PAID. Maybe now they need to pay for some of the items they get with their scholarships, room board, books, they need pay some money back for their poor performance, and we mean a very poor performance.

Y'all need Les Miles or Petrino.
Or that coach that's at Miami right now!

Okay, but seriously here, the O-line getting whipped as bad as they have been is a major problem. It takes much longer to develop players on the O-line and it's much less of a plug and play than something like RB or CB. It's possible that Chaney's scheme and Pittman's coaching are not a good match for the current personnel or there is some kind of learning curve involved. I am hoping its the latter, not the former, as the former will take YEARS to fix.

Back
Top Bottom