• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Open discussion: handguns under 21

Amwat

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
65   0
Reaction score
So to start off my buddy and I were having this discussion yesterday and wanted to see the reso of the ODTs opinion. If you are 18+ with a weapons carry license should you be able to or can you buy a handgun private sale? I did some research and here is a screenshot of what I did read on https://gun.laws.com/state-gun-laws/georgia-gun-laws so let me know what y'all think.

Attachments

• 20180629_085920.jpg
    20180629_085920.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 22
You can't get a carry license until you're 21 so an 18-20yo can not carry on their body in public. However there is no GA or federal law I know of that says you can't sell a handgun to someone 18-21 in a private sale.

In this state of georgia you can get a GWCL when your under 21 if your in the military. That's actually how I have mine.
Didn't know they would issue you a license, I just thought you were exempt from needing one. Did you pay for your GWCL? and if so why?

Ues sir I did pay for mine, I do a lot of traveling out of state so when I leave GA I like to still bring my weapon, so I decided it was best to get it.

Ues sir I did pay for mine, I do a lot of traveling out of state so when I leave GA I like to still bring my weapon, so I decided it was best to get it.
Are you saying that in these other states being active duty doesn't cover you to legally carry but having a GWCL does?
If so that makes sense and would be worth the 80 bones I guess. But what a cluster **** the laws are :lol:
Anyway, thanks for serving and I'm sorry the law makes you jump through hoops all because of an arbitrary age number.

Back
Top Bottom