• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Underage gun sales

Yeah I don’t mean to be “that guy” but I guess I have always abided by the 18 for rifle and shotgun and 21 for handgun rule. That’s just how I grew up. Now I did grow up shooting my dad’s handguns but who didn’t right? It just bothered me and I didn’t feel comfortable. I know we all do some shady stuff here and I’m guilty to! Lol
0.o BTW what's with the photo of Stalin?

The American system is flawed in so many ways. Can operate a deadly weapon at 16. Can vote at 18 but can’t drink or buy cigarettes. Can buy a Barrett .50 cal at 18 from a FFL, but not a pistol. Oh yeah and in some states a child can get a doctor to turn their dicks inside out without parental consent. Not to mention property taxes and social security which is a ****ing Ponzi scheme. Not to mention the daily trampling of constitutional rights.
Now we're gettin real!

Technically he can't buy it at any FFL retail establishment because handgun ammo has a 21 age limit.
What, exactly, is "pistol ammo"?
.223 or .308 for an AR pistol?
410 for a Judge?
.45LC or .38/.357 or .44 for a lever-action rifle?
.22LR for a 10/22 rifle?
30/30 for a BFR?

If there's a legal definition of "pistol ammo", would that not imply a corresponding legal definition of "pistol", based on ammo?

So, I was contacted last night about a Glock I have up listed for sale. The guy wanted to know if I would privately sell to him being 19. I reported it to the admins and they said that private sells are fine in the state of Georgia even at 18 in Georgia for a hand gun? Is that right? Idk, about private sells but I was under the impression regardless of age you had to be 21 to buy a handgun. Can anyone confirm or clarify that?
An 18 year old can possess and purchase a handgun (privately) in the state of Georgia. The only restriction is that a FFL cannot transfer one to anyone under 21. I also believe that there is a grey area about carrying them between 18 and 20 as well since you no longer need a CCW

An 18 year old can possess and purchase a handgun (privately) in the state of Georgia. The only restriction is that a FFL cannot transfer one to anyone under 21. I also believe that there is a grey area about carrying them between 18 and 20 as well since you no longer need a CCW
18-20 still cannot carry as you have to be able to get a permit to use the constitution carry thing. You have to be a “lawful weapons carrier”. Only exemption is military between 18-20.

18-20 still cannot carry as you have to be able to get a permit to use the constitution carry thing. You have to be a “lawful weapons carrier”. Only exemption is military between 18-20.
I believe you can also get an out of sate non resident carry permit from a state Georgia has reciprocity with.

Back
Top Bottom