• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"Opinion Thread" Selling a gun under 21?

"Would you feel comfortable selling a firearm (Rifle or Handgun) to a member who is under 21?

• Total voters
When I turned 18 (a long time ago) I got a rifle Permit in NYC and went out and bought a Ruger Mini-14 and then a Mossberg 500ATPS.

I was in ROTC at the time.

When I was commissioned a 2LT I was 20 years old and had to wait until I was 21 to buy a pistol in Kentucky. SMH.

I will sell to anyone 18 or older. Old enough to enlist old enough to own. JMHO.

I feel if your old enough to vote,go to. Military, go into war and die for your country,you should be able to own all the guns you can afford...but...law says a business can't sell you a pistol....I don't agree with all the laws we have in place anyways...I know I didn't give a definite answer....so I guess I'll just leave it like that..

I bought my first rifle at 16, but 16 then is like 32 nowadays. (unless you talking about smart phones, then I look like a 4 year old).
It sure helped me at rifle range during boot camp at 19. I was 1 of 3 out of 268 to fire expert. (yep, I know, bragging):sorry:

My 15 year old grandson handles his 9mm carbine better than most grownups do.

So for me, depends on the person and how much I know that person.

If you can go to war and defend our country at 18 then you can drink beer and buy a damn gun. JMO

I bought my first rifle at 16, but 16 then is like 32 nowadays. (unless you talking about smart phones, then I look like a 4 year old).
It sure helped me at rifle range during boot camp at 19. I was 1 of 3 out of 268 to fire expert. (yep, I know, bragging):sorry:

My 15 year old grandson handles his 9mm carbine better than most grownups do.

So for me, depends on the person and how much I know that person.

If you can go to war and defend our country at 18 then you can drink beer and buy a damn gun. JMO
Exactly how I feel...

Just before Christmas one of my patients, WWII vet and Korean war Vet, senior NCO retired came in to see me.

He was a 15 year old American soldier and fighting Germans. Lied about his age and yet another great American.
:thumb:
By the way, :thumb::thumb: to Heller/Hollis. Long fought battle. We should all donate to this cause. It would put a very big straw in our hats.

I got my first handgun at 19 on armslist. I mentioned in the email that i was a responsible adult who would use it for the range only. I actually found out about the odt through that transaction. It is perfectly legal to sell a handgun to someone over 18. However even in a private sale i believe buying to give to someone else would be considered a straw purchase. Your best bet would be honesty like my case or just talk to your dad and beg for a hand me down. But i understand your pain. I still get wierd looks because i am 22 and "roll up" to the meet in my mustang smoking a cigar like a "thug".

So for those saying no how often do you verify a buyers age from guys on here? @Bypass I saw you were definitely against the idea of selling to someone under 21 do you check ID when you meet someone buying/trading with you?

Back
Top Bottom