• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"Opinion Thread" Selling a gun under 21?

"Would you feel comfortable selling a firearm (Rifle or Handgun) to a member who is under 21?

• Total voters
Wow. That is some liberal **** right there. I have owned many pistols, all without committing homicide.

We should be discussing the violation of The Second Amendment not furthering the anti-gun lefties' cause. If you are old enough to vote and join the military, you should be old enough to have a beer and buy a pistol.

Here, Here!
(That's my I couldn't agree more thing.)

No, and Yes

No, if I did not or do not know you or your Dad. Yes, if you can produce a Valid, Active Duty, Military ID Card since you can join the military without parental consent at the age of 18 and, since Active Duty Military are allowed to Conceal Carry in the fine state of Ga without a GWCL. I have not but almost made the mistake of selling to an 18 year old but changed my mind as he appeared a bit too aggressive in wanting a handgun. Never considered it again unless as previously stated.

.... CaptDave &. Biker Bill:

...Nonetheless, most of your pistols have been made for shooting people, regardless you not having done it yet.

And when things go bump in the night, or you carry a handgun for defense, you pick a weapon made for killing humans (homicide; justifiable homicide) rather than a target gun like the S&W M41, the High Standard Victor, or the T/C Contender.

I would sell a Remington XP100 to a young man, a stranger to me, more readily than I would sell him a Gluck 27 or a 7.62x39 Draco pistol.

It is absolutely the individuals right not to sell in this case -

However in reading through these comments - I find it sad that so many on what one would think would be a pro-Gun form would discount and dismiss the second amendment in ways one would only think the Gun grabbers would - this shortsighted give an inch type of though process is the type that got us from "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed" to carry permits - Gun free zones and such -

I'm fairly certain Benjamin Franklin - Thomas Jefferson - Samuel Adam - Joseph Warren - John Adams - Patrick Henry- Paul Revere- George Washington - John Hancock- Button Gwinnett - Thomas Paine- Daniel Shays- Joseph Plumb Martin- George Mason- Alexander Hamilton- John Paul Jones- Molly Pitcher- Thomas Sumter would ALL say YES

I moved here to Acworth from Indiana in 2015, and out there you only needed to be 18 to obtain an LTCH (License to Carry a Handgun), so most people did not mind selling to someone under 21 anyway.
I myself, would not mind selling to an individual under 21. The idea that somehow a 20 year old instantly transforms from an irresponsible man child into a responsible and upstanding adult at 12:00 AM on the day of his birth, is pretty silly.

Well TheRealShewy, let me start by saying welcome to the ODT. Now get back to work and talk with your dad about this later. If you don't have a job then go find one, save your money and talk to your dad about this later. I would not sell a rifle or pistol to someone under 21 unless I knew them and I was comfortable with them having it.
I don't even know where to start on addressing this partially, because I don't know if your trying to convey a type of humor I've never heard of or not.

I'm fairly certain Benjamin Franklin - Thomas Jefferson - Samuel Adam - Joseph Warren - John Adams - Patrick Henry- Paul Revere- George Washington - John Hancock- Button Gwinnett - Thomas Paine- Daniel Shays- Joseph Plumb Martin- George Mason- Alexander Hamilton- John Paul Jones- Molly Pitcher- Thomas Sumter would ALL say YES

When those men were alive, any under-21 wanting arms could likely obtain one for free. Even when my granddaddy was growing up in the 1950's, him and his brothers would take their .22 rifles to school. Go to the hardware store and buy ammunition after school and then go off in the woods and shoot. Nobody said a thing.

Wasn't too many years ago that I was under-21 myself. I'm not a dealer so I follow the law; over 18 and no reason to believe that he/she is a prohibited person, they can buy a gun if I'm selling.

Back
Top Bottom