POF-5 vs. AA 89K MP5 Clones - A Novice Review

Thanks for the Review :thumb:

Although the 89K has the cool looks, IMO it fails ergonomically without a faux/real suppressor as I always think I'm going to blow my fingers off with that short barrel.

The POF's length is about right especially with it's angled fore grip, coupled with its dual-threaded/lug barrel and lower price point is a win in my log book.. AR stock adapter ordered now (for sig brace) :thumb:

Fingers are overrated! Lol

Thanks for the Review :thumb:

Although the 89K has the cool looks, IMO it fails ergonomically without a faux/real suppressor as I always think I'm going to blow my fingers off with that short barrel.

The POF's length is about right especially with it's angled fore grip, coupled with its dual-threaded/lug barrel and lower price point is a win in my log book.. AR stock adapter ordered now (for sig brace) :thumb:

Well I plan to SBR mine, so the K grip will look awesome on the 89K
img4.wikia.nocookie.net___cb20130830040606_breakingbad_images_c_c1_MP5K_SEF.jpg

Well I plan to SBR mine, so the K grip will look awesome on the 89K
img4.wikia.nocookie.net___cb20130830040606_breakingbad_images_c_c1_MP5K_SEF.jpg

That should be badass. I've had a special feeling in my pants for the SP89 ever since I laid eyes on it. Wouldn't it be the cats ass in 9x23 Winchester...mmm.

If any of you guys are even thinking about getting one, i recommend it. I was "considering" one before shooting it but after 2 mags, I knew I had to have one. The mags in the POF do wobble more than i expected but i shot all rounds holding both guns by the mag instead of the handguard. I pulled and pushed on the mag in every direction while firing and never could get the POF to misfeed. I was impressed.

I was also fond of the accuracy as Dave stated. The accuracy and repeatability was better than i expected.

The finish is not great as everybody on earth has noted but it really did not bother me after I got into shooting it. In fact, by the end of the day it kinda grew on me given what this gun was designed to do. Everybody talks about refinishing them but when i take delivery of mine, I think I will leave the finish as-is.

I'd like to sbr mine but think I will just save the money and go with one of the braces, so easy to install, no waiting for a stamp and less expensive.

I was opposite of Dave and felt the muzzle rise just slightly more on the POF5 but the difference was marginal and barely noticeable. I wouldn't pick one model over the other based on recoil/muzzle rise.

This gun delivered a huge fun factor and i knew I had to have one once we were done. All you gun suckas like me should get in line.

With the K, SBR'ing it so you can use the K grip is pretty much a necessity. The full size MP5s just shoot better to me though, and aren't that much bigger.

I wonder what rollers they have in those if you are getting that much action noise. My HK is stupid quiet with a can on it, and not much action noise.

Back
Top Bottom